Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been tried. It's a loser.

I will be relatively ok with our defence if in the next two weeks or so we get another defender who is either and out and out RB (stronger than his RWB game, that is) or a CB who can play over there in a crisis.

This is a position that STILL hasn't been sorted after all this time.
To be fair, nobody cares if 'you'll be ok' with anything... Why do you keep taking any opportunity to have a dig at Patterson? It's bordering on obsessive.

Change the record.

Vinegar looks like it will happen. Would be solid, but won’t set the world on fire.

Looks like it is done.

Its amazing that our DOF is addressing the key areas of our side which need strengthening, and totally ignoring the unimportant areas of CM, wide players and additional strikers.

LB/LWB is absolutely a position we need more players in.

Totally get we need 2 players for that position - but really, we should be prioritising things correctly. Its like everyone in the world can see our week spots, but the club have a dart board throwing at any position but what we need.

Looks like it is done.

Its amazing that our DOF is addressing the key areas of our side which need strengthening, and totally ignoring the unimportant areas of CM, wide players and additional strikers.

LB/LWB is absolutely a position we need more players in.

Totally get we need 2 players for that position - but really, we should be prioritising things correctly. Its like everyone in the world can see our week spots, but the club have a dart board throwing at any position but what we need.
Maybe we are working on lots of differnt positions at once (hopefully) just when they come to fruition is not related entirely to our priorities.

Maybe we are working on lots of differnt positions at once (hopefully) just when they come to fruition is not related entirely to our priorities.

I would love to have the optimism the club would be working on more then one transfer at once lollollol

They are just not very good at transfers, selling, buying, anything. I am not slating the Vinagre signing, tbh I actually think it will be a very solid signing and depending on the formation might see a lot of rotation between Mykolenko and him.

I just dont think that we should be messing around with getting a backup left sided player when we have obvious holes in the team, Lampards been screaming about a number 6 for weeks, they'll leave that till the last day and get Gilmour on loan 100%.

So, based on current rumors....if we sign Vinagre for cover on loan-to-buy, pay 25m for Guido Rodriguez at DM, buy Cornet for 15m, buy Dennis or similar striker for 15m, get a CM and a CB on loan for cover, and then move on Holgate and Gomes, how would you view the transfer window and odds for the season? We would have a negative spend for the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.