Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need more defenders in.

Another CB who can play FB too.

The biggest worry for me going into this season was the limited formations we could play with the defenders we had. The more the merrier if they're decent standard.

Survival is the name of the game this season.
I would love a left sided CB with pace but with all our positions of need I put midfield and forward areas as more pressing. At least we have CBs even if two of them aren't up to standard.

We need different formations at the back. We cant use 3 all the time. Vinagre slotting in at LB and Mykolenko at RB in a four if Coleman is unavailable makes perfect sense.

Believe it or not good professionals can play off both flanks.
Your big gripe with our staunch right back is he can't defend but you want VINAGRE left back and Mykolenko right back??? Daaaaave Vinagre is even more of a liability than Patto

Name me three left footed right backs currently in the league.
That's immaterial. There are more people comfortable on their right than left.

The wrong-footed FB offers the chance to avoid getting pressed towartd the touchline and into safety fr the opposition. It also allows more angles going forward. It can also be used to effect if you play inverted FBs putting a FB in the cntral areas on their stronger foot.

Lamaprd has been starved of options in defence, and playing inverted FBs could add effectiveness to our weak CM area.

In fact, using an inverted wrong-footed FB could allow Patterson to be played ahead of such a FB as it's easier to get back behind the ball for the FB in central areas than if they get up the pitch in the opposition half.

That's immaterial. There are more people comfortable on their right than left.

The wrong-footed FB offers the chance to avoid getting pressed towartd the touchline and into safety fr the opposition. It also allows more angles going forward. It can also be used to effect if you play inverted FBs putting a FB in the cntral areas on their stronger foot.

Lamaprd has been starved of options in defence, and playing inverted FBs could add effectiveness to our weak CM area.

In fact, using an inverted wrong-footed FB could allow Patterson to be played ahead of such a FB as it's easier to get back behind the ball for the FB in central areas than if they get up the pitch in the opposition half.

So you can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.