Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much will this Rodriguez cost like?
He’s been linked with the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal recently and the fees mentioned start around the 30 million mark. He’s the sort of player we need but at 28 years old even if we could somehow find the money it feels like it would fly in the face of what we’re trying to change to spend it on someone we couldn’t realistically profit on in 2 or 3 years time.

All true, but we haven’t got a functioning midfield. We don’t have a first eleven CDM. Reserve left back is surely a lower priority?
Surely taking a guy from Sporting on loan would indicate it IS a lower priority? Saving what coin we have for permanent transfers in the most important areas.

The plan has to be to reinforce the key areas with the money we have and plug other gaps in the squad with loans. Even if sequentially this one happened first because it’s easier to negotiate, it doesn’t mean we’ve deviated from the plan.

That’s not the concern though. Yes, they may not rate Nkonkou and want cover, fair enough.

The concern is there are far more pressing areas of the squad that should have been addressed as a major priority; as in, all guns blazing.

Get your lb cover when you’re relatively happy with the rest of your business

Or..
Get your LB cover when one you want becomes available

Surely taking a guy from Sporting on loan would indicate it IS a lower priority? Saving what coin we have for permanent transfers in the most important areas.

The plan has to be to reinforce the key areas with the money we have and plug other gaps in the squad with loans. Even if sequentially this one happened first because it’s easier to negotiate, it doesn’t mean we’ve deviated from the plan.
I can accept that postulation. I would just like to see the main areas getting filled.

Bingo

I can accept that postulation. I would just like to see the main areas getting filled.
Me too mate. Don’t get me wrong, this move doesn’t make me much less worried about the squad overall but when Jonjoe Kenny was backup LB last season it makes me slightly less worried about what happens if Myko gets injured. Baby steps.

If this transfer happens, what is important is what we do next. If we don't get the other more important pieces of business done, then this will have been a waste of time. If we do get the key additions, then this is ok. My concern is that we usually don't prioritise the right positions and end up with a very unbalanced squad. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.