Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect ( because like everyone else on here I haven't seen the contract between Spurs and Everton ) that we can sell him before he plays enough games to fulfill the obligation to pay Spurs some money but given how smart an operator Levy is would be very surprised if such a sale did not create an immediate obligation to pay money to Spurs.

If I had been Levy ( and with my lawyers hat on ) the deal would have been something like ..."no fee is payable until he either plays 20 matches or his registration is transferred in which case a fee of £20m is payable ".
That certainly sounds like the sort of shiz for which Levy is renowned, but surely even Mosh and Bill aren't stupid enough to agree that kind of deal??!

That certainly sounds like the sort of shiz for which Levy is renowned, but surely even Mosh and Bill aren't stupid enough to agree that kind of deal??!

Was stated that they have a sell on inserted - I'm guessing it could be a huge one to cover them for us selling early.

If we can't recruit this summer to best utilize him then we should cut our losses tbh, be a massive shame if we do as still think he will be a very good player for us (IF we actually utilize him with the right players and system supporting)

As I said though we'd need to add anywhere from 3 (bare minimum) - 6 and all good enough for their roles...

You don't think? It's actually impossible to get in the kibd of FFP trouble we're in unless you've had a lobotomy, and are permanently wearing a blindfold and ear plugs. If they can do that, they can do anything on the stupid spectrum, no matter how far along.

And don't call me Shirley!

what exactly is the deal we have in place for alli?

my understanding is that he's on a 2-and-a-half-year contract at 100k pw. we have to pay spurs 10m when he plays 20 games and then another 30m is he plays 80. is that correct?

Not a chance Dele leaves this summer, who would buy him! We just have to hope at this point that he comes good this season.
Tbh I'd prefer if he was just stuck in the reserves because we are going to end up shelling out £20m+ if he plays most games between now and Christmas.

In theory it wouldn’t be a stupid thing to agree to because the plan would never have been to sell him at this point. The delayed fee wasn’t supposed to be a try before you buy thing, it was just a way of getting the outlay onto this seasons books instead of last seasons. In that case a quick clause just clarifying that we can’t screw them over would seem pretty standard.

1658650974541.png

Status
Not open for further replies.