Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the women's football last night, we should put in an offer for Beth Mead. Sensational.

I do seriously wonder though if we're reaching the point where we drop the gender divide in football. Why not have someone like Beth playing alongside other quality players, whatever their sex?

I'll leave a little space here for someone to make a joke about DCL's dress sense.
Genuinely don’t think she’d touch the ball even once in a mens game

Well I'm female so obviously nosy ?
?, Yeah I'm certain he wants to play for them, but think just making the 25 man cut isn't gonna cut it for him, the lad just came off a full season being the POTS for another league side, going back to a squad player is now a step back despite it being a bigger club.

He's a massive Chelsea fan, but ultimately looks like he's a proper professional player too, and wants to play. He's 23 this year, if he doesn't make their starting line up now chances are he's smart enough to realize he wont

The world cup may also play a factor - if he's not starting every week he will be waving his chance goodbye. As may working with his idol (as a Chelsea fan and as a role model for his playing style)

?, Yeah I'm certain he wants to play for them, but think just making the 25 man cut isn't gonna cut it for him, the lad just came off a full season being the POTS for another league side, going back to a squad player is now a step back despite it being a bigger club.

He's a massive Chelsea fan, but ultimately looks like he's a proper professional player too, and wants to play. He's 23 this year, if he doesn't make their starting line up now chances are he's smart enough to realize he wont

The world cup may also play a factor - if he's not starting every week he will be waving his chance goodbye. As may working with his idol (as a Chelsea fan and as a role model for his playing style)
Yes I think he secretly hoping he goes back to Crystal Palace if he not in Chelsea 25 man squad, its all over our Midland sites that Villa fave to get him,

No arguments there mate, rare games aside though you always feel when we press it's not with a coherent plan more individuals doing it. If we recruit with that as a fundamental part of our game plan then hopefully you'll see better results (even losing someone like Richy who ran his arse off) other thing is having the players to capitalize on turning the ball over with high pressing, something we've lacked badly imo.

Excellent point about the restart after you've won the ball mate.

No arguments there mate, rare games aside though you always feel when we press it's not with a coherent plan more individuals doing it. If we recruit with that as a fundamental part of our game plan then hopefully you'll see better results (even losing someone like Richy who ran his arse off) other thing is having the players to capitalize on turning the ball over with high pressing, something we've lacked badly imo.
Think DCL will need some intense coaching if we're going to press as you say. He's been coached by multiple manager's now all wanting something different out of him, just don't see that intensity or desire to close down.

Sold Richy nobody in so far. We are in trouble something needs to happen the next week or two
We have got Tarky in. A position we that should of been low down on our shopping list.
We have bid for a player. Obviously failed as when we try the Turkish/Juventus way of trading ( 20 million over 30 years) not even Contract Dave's beautiful smile can beguile chairmen enough to show that we aren't amateurs.

We have got Tarky in. A position we that should of been low down on our shopping list.
We have bid for a player. Obviously failed as when we try the Turkish/Juventus way of trading ( 20 million over 30 years) not even Contract Dave's beautiful smile can beguile chairmen enough to show that we aren't amateurs.

Errrm, bringing in a dominant cb who can organize a back line was literally the most important thing this summer.

Yeah midfields a joke, but our set piece defending was atrociously bad, when Mina didn't play we had no organisation or leadership bs k there and countless individual mistakes leading to easy goals against repeatedly throughout the season.

Yeah other areas need serious improvement too,but cb was glaringly in need of someone with exactly Tarkowskis qualities.

Can bemoan the lack of business done, but that one deal was a very good one

Erm we signed someone a couple of weeks back mate.
You know what I mean for actual money who can make a difference in an attacking sense. Yes Tarks is a decent pick up on a free transfer who will hopefully improve the defence, but that was a starter that was boxed off weeks ago and we haven't bought anyone else in. We are desperate for a DM and desperate for creativity/more goals/assists we just sold our best player. I for one am worried we will be in another battle this year.

You know what I mean for actual money who can make a difference in an attacking sense. Yes Tarks is a decent pick up on a free transfer who will hopefully improve the defence, but that was a starter that was boxed off weeks ago and we haven't bought anyone else in. We are desperate for a DM and desperate for creativity/more goals/assists we just sold our best player. I for one am worried we will be in another battle this year.

Well yeh, that’s fine, was just making sure you were aware we had improved our defence so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.