Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m bored, who’s the ugliest cb we ever had? View attachment 172369
1994.jpg

I wonder if we also try to make a move for Romagnoli - is now a free agent. Left footed, decent passer, was AC Milan captain for years, but still just 27 years old.

Romagnoli - Tarkowski - Becao defence could work.

Godfrey - Holgate - Coleman backups.

Sell Mina and Keane.

Loan Branthwaite.
Romagnoli would be a really good move for us IF we could get him to accept about £75k p/w.

Problem is that Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all want a CB or two as well, and they can all offer better money.

All this chat of 3 at the back though... I hope not. Would prefer an orthodox back 4 with Patterson at RB and Mykolenko at LB. Tarkowski with one of Holgate or Godfrey as the CB pair. Leaves Coleman, Branflake and one of Godfrey or Holgate on the bench each week but with five subs allowed each game, they'll all get more time overall.

Sell Mina and Keane, release virtually £200k p/w in salary and bring in maybe £20m in fees. Put that all towards the midfield.

We do have some interesting history in the pursuit of players.

We do have some interesting history in the pursuit of players.

I remember that well. Radio City did a little spoof of someone interviewing him where he was asking for hundreds of sacks of Brazil nuts tax free.

My Dad's mate driving believed every word, fuming on the way to the ground and telling people at half time it was a disgrace that he wouldn't pay for his own Brazil nuts.

We felt sorry for him and told him it was fake but he just doubled down and said we were wrong and a radio station wouldn't fake contract talks.

We just left him in the end, God knows if he ever figured out the truth.

Ken McNaught.

ken-mcnaught-2ae5ecb5-cd59-40c3-8784-17eb0a44d26-resize-750.jpg

...debate ends.
Steve Bruce would like a word. And that Jock CB who played for Blackburn that I can't remember the name of, the 1 Gazza made a fool of at the World Cup or Euroes ( my mind is getting worse with age). I'd put photos up but am a luddite who can't be bothered to work out how.

Steve Bruce would like a word. And that Jock CB who played for Blackburn that I can't remember the name of, the 1 Gazza made a fool of at the World Cup or Euroes ( my mind is getting worse with age). I'd put photos up but am a luddite who can't be bothered to work out how.
Colin Hendry. But neither of them played for us. Or was it just a general “who is the ugliest CB ever”?

Good source in the football network, Everton have signed max arrons

What is this?

Romagnoli would be a really good move for us IF we could get him to accept about £75k p/w.

Problem is that Man U, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal all want a CB or two as well, and they can all offer better money.

All this chat of 3 at the back though... I hope not. Would prefer an orthodox back 4 with Patterson at RB and Mykolenko at LB. Tarkowski with one of Holgate or Godfrey as the CB pair. Leaves Coleman, Branflake and one of Godfrey or Holgate on the bench each week but with five subs allowed each game, they'll all get more time overall.

Sell Mina and Keane, release virtually £200k p/w in salary and bring in maybe £20m in fees. Put that all towards the midfield.

Too slow I think for where Lampard could want to play (high).

Becao makes no sense either, bloke seems to have a screw loose.

Seen this….

If they get him and KLP its a new left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.