Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate Kenwrong mate transfer negotiations have always involved the Chairman otherwise does Levy not listen to Spurs DOF?

No idea mate, I just very much doubt Kenwright has had Thelwell in his ear before making a trip down to London to do business. Not trying to undermine Thelwell either by the way, I just personally would want my DOF to be at the heart of things. Especially the Richarlison deal as it's going to be our biggest decision as a club all summer imo.

If and when we sell Richarlison, then goals are the concern. We stayed up because we could find a few more goals than Burnley, and Richarlison got a lot of important ones during the run in.

We don't have much margin for error here. If we sell our goals and bring in the wrong players, then we are in big trouble. We are already working from a base of under 40 points.

I think DCL Gray Gordon and whoever is Richarlison’s replacement should be ok for goals if they stay fit.

Our major problems last season were in defence and midfield. Playing Keane Coleman and Kenny so often without a defensive midfielder in front of them was killing us. If we can tighten up a bit then we should be fine.

The better question should be why is Kenwright still in such a lauded position to be required in things as important as transfer negotiations. He got bought out and lost none of his power somehow.
Thats what he meant when he was selling the club and he wanted to make sure he sold to the 'right person' for the sake of Everton football club!

Get him out today!

I think DCL Gray Gordon and whoever is Richarlison’s replacement should be ok for goals if they stay fit.

Our major problems last season were in defence and midfield. Playing Keane Coleman and Kenny so often without a defensive midfielder in front of them was killing us. If we can tighten up a bit then we should be fine.

I'm not sure we can rely on Gray to score the goals. He hasn't a league goal in 2022, and only 1 in the FA cup since Christmas.

DCL will score if fit often enough, but that's the concern.

No reason Gordon shouldn't improve again but he wasn't exactly prolific last season.

We would need to sign someone who can get double figures or 2 players who can get 6 or 7 each, and that's not straight forward. I wouldn't have much faith in us finding the right player, or couple of players. Teams who have 39 points and sell their main goalscorer, tend to be in a relegation fight again the following season.

Very true. If the defence and midfielder can tighten up sometimes you only need 1 goal to win the game or get a point. As you said, our main problem last season was we could concede and times we did 2 goals a game at least. Puts pressure on the forwards to score more than that a game. Obviously having Dcl out the majority of the season just made it almost impossible, which is why we nearly went down.

Considering you got a warning for a racist comment, not sure you can try to take the high ground really.

You've just stated the chairmen are involved. Yet here you are just placing it all on Brands for when he was here. It's hypocritical.

Fingers crossed Thelwall does a good job. But like Brands, needs less interference from those above him.

You made a mountain over a molehill but I'll say no more as sadly there are people all over the werld who are only happy when they are bringing other people down.

On Brands - he was a failure, Kenwright was a failure they're both failures.

Thelwell hasn't even dusted off his coat and some are desperate to hound him because of who he happens to support. Same thing happened with the last manager which I'll say no more.

You made a mountain over a molehill but I'll say no more as sadly there are people all over the werld who are only happy when they are bringing other people down.

On Brands - he was a failure, Kenwright was a failure they're both failures.

Thelwell hasn't even dusted off his coat and some are desperate to hound him because of who he happens to support. Same thing happened with the last manager which I'll say no more.
I think some are expecting Kevin to crack on and get involved with the transfers. Kenwright shouldn't be allowed to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.