Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

RB is a crucial position Dyche wont allow to go unaddressed this summer.

Dyche isn't daft. He's seen how threadbare we are in that position and he has no faith in Patterson. That just leaves Young and Coleman to struggle on there if we dont get shut of Patterson and replace him.
Im afraid to say that offering new contracts to 2 RBs doesnt really scream "We are about to buy a RB" to me, but lets see how it pans out.

If we were keeping Pickford, Tarks, JB and Gana then I would be up for improving RB and LB. Given Dyches way of playing this wouldn’t be mad.

If Onana goes on top of Gomes we are short in CM and will need a deputy for Gana - do we think Garner ?

If we were keeping Pickford, Tarks, JB and Gana then I would be up for improving RB and LB. Given Dyches way of playing this wouldn’t be mad.

If Onana goes on top of Gomes we are short in CM and will need a deputy for Gana - do we think Garner ?
IF Onana leaves he would 100% need replacing.

Anybody who played a significant amount of minutes this season needs replacing.

I thought Onana and Branners leaving would give us a chance to freshen things up, but now im thinking dark, dark thoughts.

If for example, we sold DCL £30mil, Onana £60mil, Godfrey, £10mil and Maupay £5mil

£100mil comes in.

Maupay and DCL out but Beto & Chermiti are there, 2 players for one position.

Onana & Godfrey leave we need 2 CMs and 1 RB.

Alot depends on how much of the £100mil goes on to the balance sheet & how much can be used on new players.

Even with £50mil, I think we can bring in 3 players and wont see a drop in team performance if the right players are signed.
you are in cloud cuckoo land Zat , must be a lovely place to be amigo

...and yet, ive never said that!

What i want is the quality players like Tarkowski brought in. Then u21 backup players behind them developed.

If we signed this Moreno for example and he was backup to Tarkowski for a season. Then rotation for the second season.

By the 3rd we have a 22/23 year old centre back who can replace Tarkowski if hes good enough -- or can sell and replace as he came for a low cost.

Same like Chermiti
1st year develop as backup
2nd year be rotation option
-- Thats going to plan so far.

Not with the injuries. Id be happy with £30mil. When he was in the England squad £60mil would have been the goal.

I know what you mean about camp morale with Coleman, Young and Gana.

But dont forget, they all need to play and play well.

Alot riding on the championship final. Their forward players should see them survive in the premier league. Hope they dont come up.
Any cb who is bought this season hopefully would be looking to be a starter for Branthwaite the season after to partber tark then again we would look for another cb. Twrk is going be the cb for abit longer