Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

If we did im certain they would have accepted. Hes not their first choice, flopped at Monaco and Getafe when he went to both on loan...and I dont think hes the type we can replace Onana with and then sell in two years at a major profit.

I hope im wrong if we sign him but i see thie being a poor signing.
Bayern bid megabucks for Paulinho last summer. He's 100% the type of player that is a good season away from the big clubs falling back in love with him.

He's more of a number 6 than anyone we have, which in itself isn't a bad thing at all, but given we don't really play with a proper number 6, it's a slightly odd one. This lad is your classic "win the ball back and give it to someone who can play" type. Usually you'd associate him being the holding player in a 433, but given we play that Dyche 4411 system most of the time, I'm not sure he's a natural fit (based on the v little I've seen of him). Still, this isn't the first time I've seen his name linked - he defo came up once before in the last year or two.
Going off what you and a couple of others have said it sounds like a long term successor to Gana rather than a like for like Onana replacement?

Would make sense to me considering we haven't really been able to find the right role to get the best out of Onana.

Taylor has been offered a new deal but unlike Brownhill he can still walk away, depends on how quickly they bring in Kompany's replacement I guess

He is barely a Championship player, no idea why people are linking him. I know it's going to be a tricky window but it's not impossible, that's why we have a recruitment team and they get months to plan this stuff. Some of the shouts for signings coming from fans are just horrific so far.

He is barely a Championship player, no idea why people are linking him. I know it's going to be a tricky window but it's not impossible, that's why we have a recruitment team and they get months to plan this stuff. Some of the shouts for signings coming from fans are just horrific so far.
Just see him as a better option at lb than young, will prob be others we could get aswell just because is free and money will be tight again. With so many postions we need players in aswell just hard

He's more of a number 6 than anyone we have, which in itself isn't a bad thing at all, but given we don't really play with a proper number 6, it's a slightly odd one. This lad is your classic "win the ball back and give it to someone who can play" type. Usually you'd associate him being the holding player in a 433, but given we play that Dyche 4411 system most of the time, I'm not sure he's a natural fit (based on the v little I've seen of him). Still, this isn't the first time I've seen his name linked - he defo came up once before in the last year or two.

I think we often have Onana / Gana / Garner coming deep for the ball, I can see him a good fit with us.

Dyche like to use his wide man and 10 as the creators / drivers so him happy to be deep and hand it off could fit us well.

Onana is literally a midfield anchor. The issue is Dyche uses him as a central midfielder. On the occasion weve used anyone deeper its been Gana who has no positional sense and goes towards the ball.

If we sell Onana and replace with Luis is will be absolute stupidity imo. Why sell a player who isnt used in the correct position, to then replace with a similar player?

If anything we should be aiming for a box to box player.

Bayern bid megabucks for Paulinho last summer. He's 100% the type of player that is a good season away from the big clubs falling back in love with him.

A little confused here, youre saying who is a season away? Paulinho, Luis or Onana?

For me, I think Luis is probably worth £13mil but would be better off with a loan and option.

Going off what you and a couple of others have said it sounds like a long term successor to Gana rather than a like for like Onana replacement?

Would make sense to me considering we haven't really been able to find the right role to get the best out of Onana.

The best role for both Luis and Onana is the midfield anchor that we dont use. The space between two central midfielders and the two centre backs would be fully covered by either of them.

Instead of that role we have Doucoure well advanced like a second forward and then it seems Garner a little more advanced typically than Onana. Of course in games its more fluid but it looks very unbalanced to me.

We'll be shopping in the free transfer aisle with Che Adams and Iheanecho top of Kevs sticky note stuck to the handle of his trolley..

Luciano Rodriguez still not snapped up Kev if you're on here snooping with that extraordinary conk of yours 🫡