Homepage Update: Everton Sign Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robertson is an absolute steal at 10m. These are exactly the kind of signings we should be going for. Leicester did it with Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Players with unknown potential who could be incredible, not players who we know aren't good enough for the top six.

We have spent over 240 million in less than two years and we are no better, in fact we are worse.

Sigurdsson 45m
Schneiderlin 25m
Walcott 20m
Williams 12m
Bolasie 24m

That's 125m on players we know won't take us on beyond seventh.

Michael Keane 25m
Tosun 27m
Sandro 7m
Gueye 7m
Klaasen 23m
Pickford 25m

Of the unproven players only Pickford looks like being a good signing right now (Tosun we have to wait and see). Michael Keane played in a very defensive system at Burnley so his weaknesses weren't shown up like they are now. That 25m for such a flat footed player looks robbery. Klaasen played in a much weaker league so that was always a major gamble.

Another unproven player with potential, Seri, would be an amazing signing but he's now on everyone's radar (Barca, Real linked). We need to get players before that happens as once the top clubs show an interest it's over. Julien Laurens on Seri being linked to us;

"It looks like Everton are leading the race. But when you are so close to Barcelona I don't think it's the greatest feeling to be linked with Everton. But he wants to leave and they might let him go for the right price. I still think he is a very good player and he would be a great addition to this Everton team but he could do better."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42620798

We are much lower down the food chain so have to bring players in before other clubs get a whiff of them. The scouting needs to be much better. Steve Walsh isn't doing his job.
You missed my point. I was drawing attention to his claim that firstly Robertson is a Guardiola target and secondly that he's worth 60m.

I like your thinking but Bolassie prefers to play on the left
Lookman would not provide cover for CuCu
Few teams play 2 up front
Signing a really good LB who can defend ( which we won’t do ) would be vital for that formation to work.
I think we have had enough of players playing out of position so I can see

Walcott. Siggy. Bolassie
Tosun

That’s the way I expect FSA to go

How would that equate though with BFS looking to play in a more boring way though.

I would be delighted if we played with such an attacking line up but I just can't see it. I think it is more likely to be two banks of four, a combative midfield and long balls up to Tosun and Walcott. That way we can keep our defensive shape, prevent being countered on but still have an attacking threat.

How would that equate though with BFS looking to play in a more boring way though.

I would be delighted if we played with such an attacking line up but I just can't see it. I think it is more likely to be two banks of four, a combative midfield and long balls up to Tosun and Walcott. That way we can keep our defensive shape, prevent being countered on but still have an attacking threat.
With a left full who is a left full and 2 DM we should have enough to defend properly
Away from home I expect Bolassie and Walcott to be more conservative and it becomes a 4/5/1 formation

With a left full who is a left full and 2 DM we should have enough to defend properly
Away from home I expect Bolassie and Walcott to be more conservative and it becomes a 4/5/1 formation

The game has changed though. You can no longer setup with just 6 defensive players and four attackers. You can either set up with a high defensive line and press high up the pitch, play a low block and get men behind the ball and bring teams onto you, or play a mid block where you allow teams to come so far up the pitch and then look to get in their face win the ball back and counter.

I think Unsworth's tenure showed that we don't have the pace at the back to play a high line, we don't have the energy levels to play a mid block so for me BFS will look to get men behind the ball, make us hard to break down and then look to the likes of Siggy and Rooney to get it forward quickly to Tosun and Walcott.

It won't be pretty but it has the potential to get us results without exposing the back four. That for me is what Sam meant when he said we would be more boring.

Robertson is an absolute steal at 10m. These are exactly the kind of signings we should be going for. Leicester did it with Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. Players with unknown potential who could be incredible, not players who we know aren't good enough for the top six.

We have spent over 240 million in less than two years and we are no better, in fact we are worse.

Sigurdsson 45m
Schneiderlin 25m
Walcott 20m
Williams 12m
Bolasie 24m

That's 125m on players we know won't take us on beyond seventh.

Michael Keane 25m
Tosun 27m
Sandro 7m
Gueye 7m
Klaasen 23m
Pickford 25m

Of the unproven players only Pickford looks like being a good signing right now (Tosun we have to wait and see). Michael Keane played in a very defensive system at Burnley so his weaknesses weren't shown up like they are now. That 25m for such a flat footed player looks robbery. Klaasen played in a much weaker league so that was always a major gamble.

Another unproven player with potential, Seri, would be an amazing signing but he's now on everyone's radar (Barca, Real linked). We need to get players before that happens as once the top clubs show an interest it's over. Julien Laurens on Seri being linked to us;

"It looks like Everton are leading the race. But when you are so close to Barcelona I don't think it's the greatest feeling to be linked with Everton. But he wants to leave and they might let him go for the right price. I still think he is a very good player and he would be a great addition to this Everton team but he could do better."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42620798

We are much lower down the food chain so have to bring players in before other clubs get a whiff of them. The scouting needs to be much better. Steve Walsh isn't doing his job.

I think if most people are honest they would have thought the following, before we bought the below players:-

Sigurdsson 45m - Expensive, but a great player. Even the spurs manager said he would want him in his side
Schneiderlin 25m - Great at Southampton, better than we currently had, could be an unreal signing.
Walcott 20m - Better than we have, and in the current climate 20million is cheap for him.
Williams 12m - Had been brilliant for both Swansea and Wales, with pundits like Rio Ferdinand saying both Arsenal and United should target the player, especially at 12million.
Bolasie 24m - a lot of money at that time, but again gave us something different, and had a lot of potential.

Michael Keane 25m - Was a great signing, man u, liverpool both bid for him.
Tosun 27m - great goal scoring record, but an unknown who's been bought in a crazy market.
Sandro 7m - Spains best young forward!!! a steal
Gueye 7m - why do we want him!!!! both the Manager and DOF got slated for this signing, and has been a great success.
Klaasen 23m - ajax captain, dutch international... could be great.
Pickford 25m - overpriced, but could be great

I think at the time these players were bought, most of the reason for signing there players were justified. No one could had known that williams would had been as bad. Schneiderlin would have depleted so much as a player. Keane, would had been half the player he is. Sandro and Klassen wouldnt had been able to adapt.

You mentioned seri and the next word was "could" be amazing. Or he "could" be the next Klassen.Hindsight is a great thing!

Finding a Mahrez and Kante is a difficult thing todo, and if it was easy eveyone would be doing it.

Im really pleased with this signing.The lad has a lot of experience with Arsenal, and if we can keep him fit, then i think he will be a really dangerous player for us.I just can't wait to see Theo Walcott in action for us.I think that he is an upgrade on both Bolasie and Lennon.So in Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott, we have bought in two quality players, with a lot of big game experience.

I think if most people are honest they would have thought the following, before we bought the below players:-

Sigurdsson 45m - Expensive, but a great player. Even the spurs manager said he would want him in his side
Schneiderlin 25m - Great at Southampton, better than we currently had, could be an unreal signing.
Walcott 20m - Better than we have, and in the current climate 20million is cheap for him.
Williams 12m - Had been brilliant for both Swansea and Wales, with pundits like Rio Ferdinand saying both Arsenal and United should target the player, especially at 12million.
Bolasie 24m - a lot of money at that time, but again gave us something different, and had a lot of potential.

Tosun 27m - great goal scoring record, but an unknown who's been bought in a crazy market.
Gueye 7m - why do we want him!!!! both the Manager and DOF got slated for this signing, and has been a great success.

I think at the time these players were bought, most of the reason for signing there players were justified. No one could had known that williams would had been as bad. Schneiderlin would have depleted so much as a player. Keane, would had been half the player he is. Sandro and Klassen wouldnt had been able to adapt.

You mentioned seri and the next word was "could" be amazing. Or he "could" be the next Klassen.Hindsight is a great thing!

Finding a Mahrez and Kante is a difficult thing todo, and if it was easy eveyone would be doing it.

The biggest problem for us this season is simply the amount of new players bought. Trying to build a team practically from scratch is so difficult. I didn't rate Koeman particulary highly but he had a hard task.

You can no longer setup with just 6 defensive players and four attackers. You can either set up with a high defensive line and press high up the pitch, play a low block and get men behind the ball and bring teams onto you, or play a mid block where you allow teams to come so far up the pitch and then look to get in their face win the ball back and counter.
:Blink::confused:
I remember when football was a simple game

No one could had known that williams would had been as bad. Schneiderlin would have depleted so much as a player. Keane, would had been half the player he is. Sandro and Klassen wouldnt had been able to adapt.

People like Walsh are paid a lot of money to have a good grasp on these things.

Clearly, our transfer dealings have been very poor on the whole under Walsh/Koeman. It's all well and good saying every flop was promising when we signed them, but if you're spending £150m, you gotta expect some bang for your buck.

Good post chap.

You do know though that every player we sign isn’t good enough for the Ebepton don’t you?

GOT’s arl arses have decreed it so.

They are either not good enough, too expensive, too stop gap, too unproven etc etc

If the club actually listened to the fan base of here we’d be lucky to get a full XI out on the pitch

The biggest problem for us this season is simply the amount of new players bought. Trying to build a team practically from scratch is so difficult. I didn't rate Koeman particulary highly but he had a hard task.
Don't think it's the quantity so much as the fact that we bought players that fit completely different puzzles and we're trying to fit them into a single picture. We also forgot to buy a couple players at the back as well.

The game has changed though. You can no longer setup with just 6 defensive players and four attackers. You can either set up with a high defensive line and press high up the pitch, play a low block and get men behind the ball and bring teams onto you, or play a mid block where you allow teams to come so far up the pitch and then look to get in their face win the ball back and counter.

I think Unsworth's tenure showed that we don't have the pace at the back to play a high line, we don't have the energy levels to play a mid block so for me BFS will look to get men behind the ball, make us hard to break down and then look to the likes of Siggy and Rooney to get it forward quickly to Tosun and Walcott.

It won't be pretty but it has the potential to get us results without exposing the back four. That for me is what Sam meant when he said we would be more boring.

Very good analysis.

Is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.