Homepage Update: Everton Sign Sambou (2019 edit - released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
or ...the youth set up is as good as anywhere in the country,and it's an opportunity to learn his trade to the very best of his ability under the influence of top coaches at ,what is recognized,one of the best academies out there.
loyalty is one thing , better opportunities is another.

Hopefully not another Joao Silva, Gueye, Vellios etc.

Good luck to him though have to feel sorry for Conventry.

or ...the youth set up is as good as anywhere in the country,and it's an opportunity to learn his trade to the very best of his ability under the influence of top coaches at ,what is recognized,one of the best academies out there.
loyalty is one thing , better opportunities is another.
Of course, I get that. But we've fallen foul ourselves, albeit with first team players, where we've said 'why would they want to go there and sit on the bench, when they could get regular football here?'. You can understand Mowbray's disappointment that he's losing one of his young stars, and I can't say I feel 100% happy about it.

But then, not every academy kid is a local who joins aged 10, many come from further afield, so this does also smack of sour grapes from Mowbray.

A tricky one.

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that Everton approached him, if Mowbray is as angry as it seems it all seems a little dishonourable. But I expect if it wasn't us, it'd be someone else, so hopefully we've picked up a good player and he has a future with us.

Fed up of us being nicey nicey in transfer dealings
Remember last year Ogbonna calling us gentleman etc.
Lets be right bar stewards and just take whoever we want
If he is boss and we are boss then he wont want to go anywere

Fed up of us being nicey nicey in transfer dealings
Remember last year Ogbonna calling us gentleman etc.
Lets be right bar stewards and just take whoever we want
If he is boss and we are boss then he wont want to go anywere
A very fair point. We do need to get some nuts, as a club.

the negativity around this all ready haha? shouldnt we all be happy we signed the youth top scorer? someone else would, you have to sign the best youngsters or end up paying a fortune further down the line

Of course, I get that. But we've fallen foul ourselves, albeit with first team players, where we've said 'why would they want to go there and sit on the bench, when they could get regular football here?'. You can understand Mowbray's disappointment that he's losing one of his young stars, and I can't say I feel 100% happy about it.

But then, not every academy kid is a local who joins aged 10, many come from further afield, so this does also smack of sour grapes from Mowbray.

A tricky one.
I tend to think there's a lot of merit in loaning these players back to their clubs, certainly for a season or two.

I tend to think there's a lot of merit in loaning these players back to their clubs, certainly for a season or two.
Not sure he'd be too welcome back though! But in the main, if it's an amicable deal, then yes. Can help to develop better relationships for further signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.