Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2nd friendly, battered by an MLS side and still no significant signings. Still confident some of us blues are negative or are we being realistic...

You might be perfectly happy that we will be playing Championship football next season, each to their own I suppose.
Strange conclusion that you think I’ll be happy with us in the Championship.....considering my general point is that friendlies are about reaching match playing fitness rather than results.
I don’t expect we’ll be anywhere near good enough to challenge even the top 10 this season but that doesn’t mean I’m perfectly happy. I just don’t get over excitable either way with a friendly.
I’m as concerned as most with the lack of incomings and the general chaos we are in.

Remember when Moyes used to have the squad in Austria pre-season tarining for a couple of weeks and they came back fit as a butcher's dog?

Why haven't we returned to that rather than playing all our time against trash like Blackpool and MLS teams?

I never rated Moyes as a coach, but he knew how to get them fit.

Remember when Moyes used to have the squad in Austria pre-season tarining for a couple of weeks and they came back fit as a butcher's dog?

Why haven't we returned to that rather than playing all our time against trash like Blackpool and MLS teams?

I never rated Moyes as a coach, but he knew how to get them fit.
Moyes was old school.
Some of the players have come out and said it was a hard pre-season so hopefully they will still end up as fit.
It seems nowadays it’s fitness through passing and running short sharp distances, twists and turns etc rather than lung busting stamina runs.

Moyes was old school.
Some of the players have come out and said it was a hard pre-season so hopefully they will still end up as fit.
It seems nowadays it’s fitness through passing and running short sharp distances, twists and turns etc rather than lung busting stamina runs.
That's what we want with ths lot: have them spewing their rings up and get them teak tough.

Liverpool are doing that very same routine at this moment in time in Austria. It's nothing to do with modern players - they are employees and professionals. You just tell them to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.