Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same ? we saw under Rafael
Same ? we saw when Frank played 5 at the back

We earned way more points playing 4 at the back last season, if we are going 5 at the back from the start and we don`t start like last season we are in massive massive trouble.

The way I see us playing at our best and I can illustrate it is Newcastle at home, looked solid in a 4-1-4-1 with Allan sitting and Iwobi and Doucs in front. And then second half against Palace when Doucs played the centre with Iwobi and Alli either side.... This is how we should go IMO, I know I`m right, we have seen what works and what doesn`t!!!

Its not all doom and gloom lads.

Lets consider the positives :

images

Imagine thinking Cornet wouldn't improve this team... Gibbs White as well, is and absolute must. Absolute zero guile.
Agree a number six too. I hope to see a 433 second half it suits these players more. Weird we haven't had any frindlies considering this is Arsenal's third they look miles sharper.

5 AT THE BACK TAKES TIME TO LEARN ITS GOING TO BE BAD UNTIL IT GETS BETTER WHICH IT WILL, THIS IS WHAT PRE SEASON IS FOR
We had half of last season in it so please tell me when we are going to learn it if at all possible because we are still getting bummed

That really was grim.

I'd have no problem with Frank trying 5 at the back if we had the players for it, but we don't. It requires centre backs who can pass, wingbacks who can make intelligent runs and midfielders who are capable breaking up play and retaining possession. We have literally none of those things.

Unlike previous seasons pre season games there's clearly effort but the lack of tactics and non descript defending gives you no hope for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.