Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really was grim.

I'd have no problem with Frank trying 5 at the back if we had the players for it, but we don't. It requires centre backs who can pass, wingbacks who can make intelligent runs and midfielders who are capable breaking up play and retaining possession. We have literally none of those things.

But apart from all that mate I'm confident we'll do well ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Mrk
We need that CM/DCM that can collect the ball off the defence and connect defence and forwards.

Sit there whilst the full backs get forward.

100% this is the issue, in particular Holgate and Godfrey who are bloody awful on the ball.
I just hate us playing out full stop, no matter who it is, i just wish we would stop it, it always feels like whichever player it is is purposely trying to get others into trouble (I know it isnt but always feels like it), we get closed down way to quick because we are way to slow

Same ? we saw under Rafael
Same ? we saw when Frank played 5 at the back

We earned way more points playing 4 at the back last season, if we are going 5 at the back from the start and we don`t start like last season we are in massive massive trouble.

The way I see us playing at our best and I can illustrate it is Newcastle at home, looked solid in a 4-1-4-1 with Allan sitting and Iwobi and Doucs in front. And then second half against Palace when Doucs played the centre with Iwobi and Alli either side.... This is how we should go IMO, I know I`m right, we have seen what works and what doesn`t!!!
It’s more a 3-4-3 than 5 at the back, it might work with a calmer influence like Tarkowski there, we need a better centre midfield as well that doesn’t get bypassed

I get playing arsenal makes sense from a commercial point of view, but playing a team so much better means we are never going to see much of the ball. Can't practice any patterns of play and it just reduces confidence even more.
It’s literally the first game. Above all else it’s about getting minutes into the legs again.

Arsenal as our first preseason match is quite a stretch really considering the state of our squad. Why didn't we have any other matches lined up

Status
Not open for further replies.