Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
£25m seems a bit steep for someone with unproven levels of consistency. How good has he been in the Champions League? I suppose if he's really shown a high level in those games it's worth the risk.

Sorry, didn't realise this was the 2015 Martinez thread.

25m is nothing in this market.

Hes a young lad, who is very highly rated.

I think most fans are expressing the same opinion about his abilities. He plays for a media darling club who have supporters within the London-media hyping him up. He looks completely lost in this England team, his form for Spurs hasn’t been the best, either.
I have a mate who’s a Utd fan home and away, and he doesn’t t rate lingarrd or Rashford abs he says they’re overrated because they play fir Utd and are English. He reckons martial has twice the talent of Rashford.

It’s like Ali was poor in 2016 and now this year. But I’ve not seen one bit of criticism from the media or ex players. When he looses the ball hoddle & tyldsley talk about something else. Unlike when Barkley lost the ball, them two would have a heart attack on air.

I have a mate who’s a Utd fan home and away, and he doesn’t t rate lingarrd or Rashford abs he says they’re overrated because they play fir Utd and are English. He reckons martial has twice the talent of Rashford.

It’s like Ali was poor in 2016 and now this year. But I’ve not seen one bit of criticism from the media or ex players. When he looses the ball hoddle & tyldsley talk about something else. Unlike when Barkley lost the ball, them two would have a heart attack on air.
Alli hasn't bee poor this year. He's scored 14 and assisted 17 goals. Wish we had a player who could do that and it be classed as a poor season

Alli is one of those weird players that looks like he does feck all but does a lot. Hes a little scrote but can't stand the whopper
Nail on head, it’s hard for him to find space but he has a nack of finding a team mate in dangerous areas with flicks (not all come off) but he has a the foresight to probe and attracts attention which enable players around him to benefit. He can look unimpressive at times, but that threat is worth the gamble - certainly against teams that are more open.
We need a player like this.

Celtic fan here, just signed up to say you lot have spoiled a lot of people’s summers by pinching KT. I know people who have named their pets after Tierney, and countless people have bought our new kit with his name because before these Everton rumours came up, KT leaving was unthinkable.

Kieran has taken the ‘Mr Celtic’ title in recent years. He’s non-stop engaged with the fans, always talks about his love for Celtic and his background. Most of our fans, including myself, would’ve bet our mortgages on him staying for our tenth title in a row in 2021. He indicated that he’d stay by signing that new contract. Never thought he’d go for the money at this age.

And he’s a hell of a player. Hes obviously not playing at a high level week in week out but his performances against Bayern Munich and Zenit at home show that he can cope at the highest level.

So [Poor language removed] take care of him. The boy is our best academy product for decades and it’s seriously painful to think that he’s leaving 8 months after giving our fans false belief that he’ll be here for years to come.

Welcome to our board mate. I have to say the Celtic lads on here seem to a man far better behaved than the Rangers lad who came down recently, accused most of the posters of being a weird concoction of Fenian supporting, mentally ill, Queen hating terrorists who were right out of line for singing songs about Steven Gerrard. It left a rather bitter taste but you Celtic fans are very warmly welcomed, especially in your quest to defeat Gerrard, don't take it easy on him!

The situation is very akin to what we went through with Rooney mate. I remember thinking Wayne would stay forever. In the end it's a romantic dream but in the real world, where lads can treble quadruple their wage they would move. Ask yourself hypothetically if you worked for Celtic on the package you are at now, in the job you do, and someone offered to increase your wages how much it would take. If it was me with Everton I'd probably got for double, maybe even less than that. In the end money talks.

I also think, as I indicated a couple of days back (so not wise after the event) this smacks me a bit of Celtic looking to move him on a bit as well. It's gone quite quickly and smoothly. 25 million pounds is in some ways a pittance for some of the fees paid in England, but is a huge amount of cash for a left back and the finances in the Scottish league. Without being flippant you could probably by 4 or 5 of the best players in the league (outside of Celtic) for that figure and also speculate on 2 or 3 younger players as you've been doing very successfully.

You obviously want 10 in a row and to continue to improve European performance. I'd imagine the figures involved in the cold light of day will help Celtic more than that, than Tierney. Rodgers is a really good coach and you can probably give him an opportunity to build more of a squad with the value.

Sad though it was, the selling of Rooney was the making of Everton. After he left we have not finished below 11th in the 15 after. In the 10 years before that we had finished below that point in every season but 2. It underpinned a level of recruitment that saw us add Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Lescott, Johnson, Howard & Beattie that would become the bedrock of a good team. It also created a space for Cahill to shine that wouldn't have been there had Rooney stayed, and a more rigid system to develop which helped the team.

Beyond the joking comments here, most Evertonians know the size of both Old Firm teams. You are both miles bigger than Everton. We are lucky to play in a wealthy league. Manchester City were lucky to have a wealthy owner when they signed Lescott off us, having finished below us and being a smaller club than us. It's a wrench but clubs move forward.

I've always said Glasgow is a massive area, with a proper football tradition and I think more young players should come through. Both teams should have 6 or 8 lads like Tierney playing for them. I hope continued investment can go into the community from the transfer fee.

Anyway feel free to stay around and good luck in stopping Gerrard next season. You're beating the Rangers fans who came on the board already by avoiding presenting a thoroughly butchered, incorrect and ultimately bigoted view of Irish history. I'm not sure I could share a city with such philistines!

With the fine details of the Tierney deal being exposed - I have no faith in it being a genuine story. It reads like a Danielle Steele movie.

Alli hasn't bee poor this year. He's scored 14 and assisted 17 goals. Wish we had a player who could do that and it be classed as a poor season
Read it again. I said for England at tournaments. When he plays fir spurs he’s virtually a striker playing next to Kane, and he’s great at it, a brilliant finisher . But he’s not as good as a footballer that a lot of people make out. They’ve dropped him back into midfield fir England, but he’s not s great playmaker. His passing is average, looses the ball most of the time when he tries to go past players.

He’s a better version of Tim Cahill, who was also fantastic in the box, but in the middle of the pitch was very average.

Welcome to our board mate. I have to say the Celtic lads on here seem to a man far better behaved than the Rangers lad who came down recently, accused most of the posters of being a weird concoction of Fenian supporting, mentally ill, Queen hating terrorists who were right out of line for singing songs about Steven Gerrard. It left a rather bitter taste but you Celtic fans are very warmly welcomed, especially in your quest to defeat Gerrard, don't take it easy on him!

The situation is very akin to what we went through with Rooney mate. I remember thinking Wayne would stay forever. In the end it's a romantic dream but in the real world, where lads can treble quadruple their wage they would move. Ask yourself hypothetically if you worked for Celtic on the package you are at now, in the job you do, and someone offered to increase your wages how much it would take. If it was me with Everton I'd probably got for double, maybe even less than that. In the end money talks.

I also think, as I indicated a couple of days back (so not wise after the event) this smacks me a bit of Celtic looking to move him on a bit as well. It's gone quite quickly and smoothly. 25 million pounds is in some ways a pittance for some of the fees paid in England, but is a huge amount of cash for a left back and the finances in the Scottish league. Without being flippant you could probably by 4 or 5 of the best players in the league (outside of Celtic) for that figure and also speculate on 2 or 3 younger players as you've been doing very successfully.

You obviously want 10 in a row and to continue to improve European performance. I'd imagine the figures involved in the cold light of day will help Celtic more than that, than Tierney. Rodgers is a really good coach and you can probably give him an opportunity to build more of a squad with the value.

Sad though it was, the selling of Rooney was the making of Everton. After he left we have not finished below 11th in the 15 after. In the 10 years before that we had finished below that point in every season but 2. It underpinned a level of recruitment that saw us add Cahill, Arteta, Neville, Lescott, Johnson, Howard & Beattie that would become the bedrock of a good team. It also created a space for Cahill to shine that wouldn't have been there had Rooney stayed, and a more rigid system to develop which helped the team.

Beyond the joking comments here, most Evertonians know the size of both Old Firm teams. You are both miles bigger than Everton. We are lucky to play in a wealthy league. Manchester City were lucky to have a wealthy owner when they signed Lescott off us, having finished below us and being a smaller club than us. It's a wrench but clubs move forward.

I've always said Glasgow is a massive area, with a proper football tradition and I think more young players should come through. Both teams should have 6 or 8 lads like Tierney playing for them. I hope continued investment can go into the community from the transfer fee.

Anyway feel free to stay around and good luck in stopping Gerrard next season. You're beating the Rangers fans who came on the board already by avoiding presenting a thoroughly butchered, incorrect and ultimately bigoted view of Irish history. I'm not sure I could share a city with such philistines!

Have we signed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.