Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be the best thing Everton have got from Celtic since you guys pinched Grand Old Team nd turned it in to an Everton song ! :)

If it happens, it's a great move for us.

Objectively speaking, I also think it'd be the right move for him. I don't think he's good enough yet to be a regular at a top six side. I think he has all the quality to do so eventually, but hopefully that top six will be a top seven soon enough.

In terms of style and history, and in fairness, loads of other stuff as well, Celtic and Everton are similar clubs. And Tierney is a player who provides quality and also longevity in a position we desperately need to bolster.

These are the kind of players we need to be going for

Sadly I know Everton all too well and we will either not sign a left back or end up with one who’s 30 plus and just been released

God, majority of them are as deluded as our most extreme - more Kopites than anything else.

They're a massive club with a ceiling because of the league they play in. They don't get it.

Everton are a big club, in the biggest league in the world. He is guaranteed to get game time under a manager who wants exciting, attacking players.

His best mate (Robertson) is in the city. Liverpool and Glasgow aren't exactly a million miles apart in terms of heritage, history or ever the culture as well.

The move makes a lot of sense. They're blinkered (not all, but a lot).

God, majority of them are as deluded as our most extreme - more Kopites than anything else.

They're a massive club with a ceiling because of the league they play in. They don't get it.

Everton are a big club, in the biggest league in the world. He is guaranteed to get game time under a manager who wants exciting, attacking players.

His best mate (Robertson) is in the city. Liverpool and Glasgow aren't exactly a million miles apart in terms of heritage, history or ever the culture as well.

The move makes a lot of sense. They're blinkered (not all, but a lot).

Not all Celtic fans think this. I think Everton would be a great fit for him as he will be given more of a chance. Theres players Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City sign for £20 million plus all the time and they sit and rot on the bench.

Celtic fan here, just signed up to say you lot have spoiled a lot of people’s summers by pinching KT. I know people who have named their pets after Tierney, and countless people have bought our new kit with his name because before these Everton rumours came up, KT leaving was unthinkable.

Kieran has taken the ‘Mr Celtic’ title in recent years. He’s non-stop engaged with the fans, always talks about his love for Celtic and his background. Most of our fans, including myself, would’ve bet our mortgages on him staying for our tenth title in a row in 2021. He indicated that he’d stay by signing that new contract. Never thought he’d go for the money at this age.

And he’s a hell of a player. Hes obviously not playing at a high level week in week out but his performances against Bayern Munich and Zenit at home show that he can cope at the highest level.

So [Poor language removed] take care of him. The boy is our best academy product for decades and it’s seriously painful to think that he’s leaving 8 months after giving our fans false belief that he’ll be here for years to come.

huge amounts of money being thrown about for an unproven left back... how much is coleman on?
Certainly agree with bumping up Coleman's deal if he is on less. Read a few times he is one of the lowest paid, which quite frankly is disgusting in relative terms.

We know mate, we had it with Rooney who was easily one of if not the most naturally talented footballer England has ever produced. We hoped we could build a team around him but alas he went and 2 days before the transfer window closed as well.
At least if this goes through you'll have the funds and time to find a solid replacement.
He would get the opportunity to be playing against Hazard, Erikson, William, Salah etc, and you can't blame him for wanting some of that action. The small matter of making sure he's financially secured for life helps things along too and again you can't blame a lad for that.

Still has quite a few aspects of his game he could improve on, but for his age he is an excellent player. Such a mature head and a fantastic mentality too. He’s been incredibly consistent ever since he broke into the first team at Celtic.. if he comes he may take a bit of time to settle but once he does, he will be a special player
Reminds me of Michael Ball. Not the singer!
Looked so good so young, read the game brilliant, tough as hell and aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.