Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Celtic are a big team in a small pond at this moment in time, but I honestly don't know how they ca

I think we just found Danny Murphy's undercover account.:red:

About Tierney, sorry for veering even slightly nearer to being on-topic, I know he bleeds green and all that, but if Everton came in for him and made a bid that was acceptable, I presume he'd up sticks and come south. Would you take the likes of McCarthy back as part of that deal? I honestly don't really see anyone other than McCarthy as being an ideal fit for a permanent transfer to the SPL. I could see Klassen, or one or two of the other fringe players being good loan prospects going the other way if (a big) part of their wages were covered, and could benefit both clubs.

If it wasn't for his injuries, I would have taken McCarthy, but I hate it when Celtic sign injury prone players. You know they're going to be missing for large parts of the season.

From what I've heard, it's Celtic who are pushing this, along with KT's agents, but he wants to stay at Celtic. If Everton come up with Celtic's asking fee, and offer him four times his current wage, which I believe is around twenty grand a week, then he may take his agents advice and leave.

The place he played his entire career, apart from one year?

The difference in money wasn't as big back then, and Celtic had some excellent players. Lambert was a very good player for Celtic, but he was no Larsson, or Moravcik. If the SPL was good enough for them, it was certainly good enough for Lambert.

I was at Fir Park that night (Dad’s from the area). He moved back to Scotland for family reasons IIRC. I also think Larsson was too good for the SPL (hence why he was still heavily used by Barcelona). But when you settle somewhere you settle somewhere (see Mendieta in Middlesbrough who still lives there). BTW, I don’t mean “they should have come to the EPL”. I mean more “could have played for the Barcelona’s and Real Madrid’s of this world”. Personally I think Lambert was good enough to play at any club in the world at DMC while he was at Dortmund.

The place he played his entire career, apart from one year?

The difference in money wasn't as big back then, and Celtic had some excellent players. Lambert was a very good player for Celtic, but he was no Larsson, or Moravcik. If the SPL was good enough for them, it was certainly good enough for Lambert.

And look, one year out of the SPL he wins the only trophy of note in his career :coffee:

If it wasn't for his injuries, I would have taken McCarthy, but I hate it when Celtic sign injury prone players. You know they're going to be missing for large parts of the season.

From what I've heard, it's Celtic who are pushing this, along with KT's agents, but he wants to stay at Celtic. If Everton come up with Celtic's asking fee, and offer him four times his current wage, which I believe is around twenty grand a week, then he may take his agents advice and leave.
Well he and any family he has (or will have) should be set for life if he stays up there, and he'll have his grandkids' family will be set for life if he comes here. If he does make a success of it down here, then the two Manc clubs are only next door, and they'd be in the market sooner or later, if Everton were still hanging around in the 7th position as has been the case for a long while. Money wise, if any of this is true, the professional side would take the move.

The big problem for Celtic is that league they're in. They're obviously a huge fish in a small pond. It's not club that needs changing, it's the league there not being 'big' enough or awash with enough cash to prevent poaching of players. Still I'd rather get the next good one from Celtic rather than Southampton.

Ashley Williams is a god damn abomination of a footballer though.

But he was highly rated at Swansea. :)

I accept the EPL is a much better league than the Scottish premiership, but there are some lazy stereotypes being used on this thread, probably mostly by people who probably don't even watch Scottish football.

But he was highly rated at Swansea. :)

I accept the EPL is a much better league than the Scottish premiership, but there are some lazy stereotypes being used on this thread, probably mostly by people who probably don't even watch Scottish football.

But the SPL is objectively League 1 standard mate. You coast to the league title without getting out of 2nd gear every year, yet still take a 7 goal beating in the Champions League at least once a season.

But the SPL is objectively League 1 standard mate. You coast to the league title without getting out of 2nd gear every year, yet still take a 7 goal beating in the Champions League at least once a season.

Hell, it's even worse than I thought. The Scottish Premiership used to be classed alongside the Championship, now, it would appear, it's slipped to League 1 standards. If I stick around ling enough you might get it down to Conference levels

We lost 7 goals to Barcelona, in the same season Barcelona scored 6 against PSG. We lost 7goals to PSG, who just had paid almost four hundred million pounds for Neymar, and Mbape. How does you league 1 rating fit in with Everton shipping five goals against the team who finished 7th in Serie A?

Hell, it's even worse than I thought. The Scottish Premiership used to be classed alongside the Championship, now, it would appear, it's slipped to League 1 standards. If I stick around ling enough you might get it down to Conference levels

We lost 7 goals to Barcelona, in the same season Barcelona scored 6 against PSG. We lost 7goals to PSG, who just had paid almost four hundred million pounds for Neymar, and Mbape. How does you league 1 rating fit in with Everton shipping five goals against the team who finished 7th in Serie A?

No English team ever loses by 7 goals in the Champions League, let alone the Champions, on a regular basis. You are the kings of your league, and the whipping boys of Europe. Do you not see how that reflects aptly on the level of your league?

Everton finished 8th in the Premier League and were an absolute shambles last season, so your comparison doesn't really make sense. Sir Brendan's all-conquering unbeaten globetrotters got utterly humiliated, once again, by real football teams.

No English team ever loses by 7 goals in the Champions League, let alone the Champions, on a regular basis. You are the kings of your league, and the whipping boys of Europe. Do you not see how that reflects aptly on the level of your league?

Everton finished 8th in the Premier League and were an absolute shambles last season, so your comparison doesn't really make sense. Sir Brendan's all-conquering unbeaten globetrotters got utterly humiliated, once again, by real football teams.

The premier league was that bad last season that Celtic would have finished top 10! We finished 8th and we were the worst Everton side I have seen since the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.