Everton playing 3 at the back

How many times will Koeman play 3 (or 5 if you include wing backs) at the back vs. Top 4 sides?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate and Baines hurt us against sides like this. Neither are adventurous enough to relieve pressure.

True. They bring nothing in attack.

But i think that Koeman doesnt trust Williams and jagielka enough to play with 2 centre backs against the top 6.

Thats why 7th is the max with this team unless we bring in a top class centre back, winger and striker.

True. They bring nothing in attack.

But i think that Koeman doesnt trust Williams and jagielka enough to play with 2 centre backs against the top 6.

Thats why 7th is the max with this team unless we bring in a top class centre back, winger and striker.

This was from 2013. I doubt he's deteriorated that much in the last four years. He remains a world class full back IMO. Problem was the system today not the personnel.

5 at the back with 2 DM is far too negative. We just end up sitting back and can't keep possession in midfield. We've got good enough players to have a go against anyone but the tactics are letting us down.

I'm sure we played holgate wing back and jags & Williams 2 of a 3 at anfield last season, and we got the run around.

Is RK just setting up away against the big 6, to try and get a draw?
Because it's not really working, let's be honest if city had kept 11 on the pitch the other night, we would have struggled to hold out for a point.

It's more the personal fir me, than the system, we are carrying poor technical players. Starting with jags & Williams. Holgate will be a good CB in time, but he's nowhere near good enough to play wing back.

Gana for all his ability to break up play, he hardly offers anything, in terms of forward sharp quick passing. Davies the same, maybe a bit harsh, he's young and undoubtedly will improve like holgate. But his passing is very erratic.

Sandro's hold up play was poor to.

You can't go to chelsea and expect to compete, when your carrying 4 or 5 players.

If RK wanted to play wing backs he should have bought the players to fit the system. For me that would have been 2 CB's and 2 new attacking full backs, as baines doesn't offer much going forward these days.

Let's hope for some good news over the next few days

Not a big fan, you need the correct personnel to pull it off and we have 2 over the hill CBs and young Mason who just isn't very good in that position because he cannot distribute the ball well enough in my opinion.

If we go 4 at the back

Holgate -- Keane -- New player -- Baines

If its 3/5 at the back

Kenny -- Holgate -- Keane -- New player -- New Player

Other options;
Cuco
Connolly
Jags
Williams
Baines

Hopefully with Kenny finally being on the bench the last 2 games he's going to get a chance soon.

What seems obvious is that the left side of our defence is weak.

If we're going to give 3 at the back a shot I think Lennon should really be given a go at right wing back. Would give us pace, attacking intent and a steady head there. Seems ideal.

We just don't have the players to suit 3 at the back. Tug Boat Wiiliams and Jags really can't cope with it. I feel sorry for Keane , doesn't know whether he his coming or going with those dinosaurs next to him

It doesn't work with our players. If he wants to play it so badly he needs to mold the team that way just sticking players who were brought in with 4-3-3 or whatever in mind is no better than putting DCL at RWB

Reality is we're playing 3 at the back because we've only got 2 cumbersome centre halves to play alongside Keane.
We need to buy a quick powerful lump to replace them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.