Everton players out on loan (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit strange to drop a level. I really wonder if they know what they're doing with these loans
Oxford play proper football,keep it on the deck and pass the ball, encourage skill over kicking people. They try and out play the opposition rather than just kick lumps out of them, if I was going to send a young lad out on loan, I'd send him to a club like Oxford.

Oxford play proper football,keep it on the deck and pass the ball, encourage skill over kicking people. They try and out play the opposition rather than just kick lumps out of them, if I was going to send a young lad out on loan, I'd send him to a club like Oxford.

Was going to post the same thing...lundstram seems to be doing ok there also....

Think Kenny will have a different experience there than at wigan.

Championship
Fulham - Luke Garbutt played full match in 0-1 home defeat against Hull

OS Match Report

No related comments in OS match report or tweets or fan forum

Division One
Doncaster - Conor Grant came off injured in 0-0 away draw against Fleetwood
Fleetwood - David Henen played 61 minutes before being subbed in same match

Doncaster OS Match Report
"The hosts settled and enjoyed a good spell of possession working the ball well. They went close when David Henen’s dangerous cross was met by Amari’i Bell at the back post."

Fleetwood OS Match Report
"Henen later burst down the right and crossed for Amari’i Bell at the back post, but the left back couldn’t quite divert past Stuckmann."

Twitter stuff (Doncaster)
2' Corner for Rovers, Grant to take left footed - it goes all the way out to the back post and the keeper eventually gathers it and clears 0-0
Great work by Grant who feeds Gooch, His powerful effort goes just wide 0-0
17' Richard "he looks like my thumb" Chaplow to come on for an injured Conor Grant

Twitter stuff (Fleetwood)
.@HenenDavid glides down the left channel and wins @ftfc a corner kick. 0-0 (8)
Ahh, so close! @HenenDavid whips a delightful ball to the back post for @Amariibell who can only strike into the side netting. 0-0 (15)
.@HenenDavid uses his pace to get away from the visiting defence but his 20-yard strike goes straight over the frame. 0-0 (23)
FLEETWOOD SUBS: @Golden_Kiwomya and Cole on for their debuts, @haughton_nick and @HenenDavid off. 0-0 (58)

Doncaster fan comments
"It looks like we missed Tyson today as well as the energy and craft of Grant and Middleton."
"The big fear is that Grant, who has been so instrumental in our improvement under DF, will be out for a while. His injury looked a bit nasty so here's hoping."
"Grants injury was just a dead leg"

No particular Henen comments from Fleetwood board

Division Two
Cambridge Utd - Ryan Ledson started and was subbed in 71st minute in 1-1 home draw against Hartlepool

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
28' Roberts skews Ledson's cross. We now have a break in play following a nasty clash between Page and Harrison 0-0
54' Ledson lets fire on a half volley from 35 yards which dips into the hands of Carson 0-0

Random fan comments
"Ledson is playing badly."
"We seem to start games in a formation that ensures Ledson plays. He should be dropped to allow us to play 4 4 2 with Berry and Dunne in the middle."
"I think Ledson needs to be dropped as he gives the ball away far to much"
"Is there a clause saying we have to start Ledson every week? He's been [Poor language removed] other than his first 2/3 games."

Yeovil Town - Liam Walsh started, was booked and subbed in the 85th minute of 2-1 home win over Crawley Town

OS Match Report
"Man of the Match Liam Walsh was given a standing ovation as he left the pitch, and Yeovil held their nerve for a crucial win in the race to stay in League Two."

Twitter stuff
14: Superb free kick from Walsh evades everyone and Crawley clear.
27: Walsh gets booked for a foul on Walton.
64: Free kick on the right wing after Walsh is fouled.

No active fan forum but, as mentioned above in other posts, some Twitter praise for Walsh and MOTM award

National League North

Stockport County - Delial Brewster played full match in 0-0 away draw against Gloucester

Unofficial match report
"For a time, County kept City under a bit of pressure, and Jasbir Singh, the Gloucester keeper, did well to keep Brewster out…finding touch quickly with the young forward straining to make something of a break."
"..and Brewster was unlucky not to get a sight of goal as his run into the box saw him smash into the boards with Jones on his case."
" and with Brewster back again breaking down the right, that something better looked about to materialise, until his legs were sent every which way by Joe Hanks’ lumpant tackle. Hanks got a yellow…..County a free kick….."

(Those who follow ex-EFC youth might be interested that Femi Orenuga came on as sub for Gloucester.)

Tyrone Duffus played full match for Skelmersdale in 1-3 away defeat at Stourbridge down in the NPL... (OS and Twitter feeds don't seem to be professionally updated at that level but you can look back at previous match reports a few days later).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

FA Cup giantkillers Oxford United expect to tie up the loan signing of Everton defender Jonjoe Kenny in time for their fourth round tie against Blackburn Rovers

League Two Oxford, who defeated Swansea City in the last round, should complete a deal for 18-year-old Kenny on Monday with Roberto Martinez keen for the highly-rated youngster to gain regular first-team experience.

Right-back Kenny made his debut for Everton’s under-21s at the age of 16 and has also featured for England under-17s.

Excellent news as Oxford play some great football, plus Lundstram will be there to help him get settled. I really like this lad, he's a very talented footballer. Hopefully a good move all round.

Championship
Fulham - Luke Garbutt played full match in 0-1 home defeat against Hull

OS Match Report

No related comments in OS match report or tweets or fan forum

Division One
Doncaster - Conor Grant came off injured in 0-0 away draw against Fleetwood
Fleetwood - David Henen played 61 minutes before being subbed in same match

Doncaster OS Match Report
"The hosts settled and enjoyed a good spell of possession working the ball well. They went close when David Henen’s dangerous cross was met by Amari’i Bell at the back post."

Fleetwood OS Match Report
"Henen later burst down the right and crossed for Amari’i Bell at the back post, but the left back couldn’t quite divert past Stuckmann."

Twitter stuff (Doncaster)
2' Corner for Rovers, Grant to take left footed - it goes all the way out to the back post and the keeper eventually gathers it and clears 0-0
Great work by Grant who feeds Gooch, His powerful effort goes just wide 0-0
17' Richard "he looks like my thumb" Chaplow to come on for an injured Conor Grant

Twitter stuff (Fleetwood)
.@HenenDavid glides down the left channel and wins @ftfc a corner kick. 0-0 (8)
Ahh, so close! @HenenDavid whips a delightful ball to the back post for @Amariibell who can only strike into the side netting. 0-0 (15)
.@HenenDavid uses his pace to get away from the visiting defence but his 20-yard strike goes straight over the frame. 0-0 (23)
FLEETWOOD SUBS: @Golden_Kiwomya and Cole on for their debuts, @haughton_nick and @HenenDavid off. 0-0 (58)

Doncaster fan comments
"It looks like we missed Tyson today as well as the energy and craft of Grant and Middleton."
"The big fear is that Grant, who has been so instrumental in our improvement under DF, will be out for a while. His injury looked a bit nasty so here's hoping."
"Grants injury was just a dead leg"

No particular Henen comments from Fleetwood board

Division Two
Cambridge Utd - Ryan Ledson started and was subbed in 71st minute in 1-1 home draw against Hartlepool

OS Match Report

Twitter stuff
28' Roberts skews Ledson's cross. We now have a break in play following a nasty clash between Page and Harrison 0-0
54' Ledson lets fire on a half volley from 35 yards which dips into the hands of Carson 0-0

Random fan comments
"Ledson is playing badly."
"We seem to start games in a formation that ensures Ledson plays. He should be dropped to allow us to play 4 4 2 with Berry and Dunne in the middle."
"I think Ledson needs to be dropped as he gives the ball away far to much"
"Is there a clause saying we have to start Ledson every week? He's been [Poor language removed] other than his first 2/3 games."

Yeovil Town - Liam Walsh started, was booked and subbed in the 85th minute of 2-1 home win over Crawley Town

OS Match Report
"Man of the Match Liam Walsh was given a standing ovation as he left the pitch, and Yeovil held their nerve for a crucial win in the race to stay in League Two."

Twitter stuff
14: Superb free kick from Walsh evades everyone and Crawley clear.
27: Walsh gets booked for a foul on Walton.
64: Free kick on the right wing after Walsh is fouled.

No active fan forum but, as mentioned above in other posts, some Twitter praise for Walsh and MOTM award

National League North

Stockport County - Delial Brewster played full match in 0-0 away draw against Gloucester

Unofficial match report
"For a time, County kept City under a bit of pressure, and Jasbir Singh, the Gloucester keeper, did well to keep Brewster out…finding touch quickly with the young forward straining to make something of a break."
"..and Brewster was unlucky not to get a sight of goal as his run into the box saw him smash into the boards with Jones on his case."
" and with Brewster back again breaking down the right, that something better looked about to materialise, until his legs were sent every which way by Joe Hanks’ lumpant tackle. Hanks got a yellow…..County a free kick….."

(Those who follow ex-EFC youth might be interested that Femi Orenuga came on as sub for Gloucester.)

Tyrone Duffus played full match for Skelmersdale in 1-3 away defeat at Stourbridge down in the NPL... (OS and Twitter feeds don't seem to be professionally updated at that level but you can look back at previous match reports a few days later).
Thanks for taking the time to do these round ups, it's great stuff.

Bit strange to drop a level. I really wonder if they know what they're doing with these loans

think it's to do with the style of play. mentioned this a few weeks back, would we rather send them to a lower team who play football like us, or to a higher team where they won't exactly settle in. i think they've gone for the former.

think it's to do with the style of play. mentioned this a few weeks back, would we rather send them to a lower team who play football like us, or to a higher team where they won't exactly settle in. i think they've gone for the former.
Agree and think it's the right thing to do. Oxford manager is a former Man Utd youth footballer who had his career finished by injuries, he's into playing good attacking football. They're going really well at the minute, they may well get promoted to league one so possibility of if it goes well to leave him there next season at a higher level.

Excellent news as Oxford play some great football, plus Lundstram will be there to help him get settled. I really like this lad, he's a very talented footballer. Hopefully a good move all round.

thats all well and good but after having a successful loan at a top league one side id rather send him to a good champonship club than backwards to a league 2 side if hes any hope of making the first team in the next season or so. maybe our players arent as good as we think and no one wants to give them loans at a decent level or our the club management are just using the hap-hazard approach without any plan.

thats all well and good but after having a successful loan at a top league one side id rather send him to a good champonship club than backwards to a league 2 side if hes any hope of making the first team in the next season or so. maybe our players arent as good as we think and no one wants to give them loans at a decent level or our the club management are just using the hap-hazard approach without any plan.
I don't think it's hap-hazard as they are going to clubs that are trying to play in a certain manner which points towards a plan or structure. Kevin sheedy did an interview with a leading Dutch youth coach and they both talked about the optimium route to ensuring youth footballers progress to full first team professionals. The Dutch route rarely involves loans & certainly not long term ones as they don't trust somebody else to develop there players. This looks to be a hybrid of philosophies youth & under 21 clearly is not competitive enough & if anything is stunting development & loaning a player to a team for a season means you lose to much control over there development. Therefore we have employed joe royle to help with looking after Loan players etc & we are giving players short term loans with options to extend if all goes well, all with the plan if exposing them to competitive football. Look at delli Ali would he have broke though if he was at Chelsea academy 100% no instead he has played over 50 Competitive games in mans football and is showing experience beyond his years gained at a lower level playing for a team who play good football.

I don't think it's hap-hazard as they are going to clubs that are trying to play in a certain manner which points towards a plan or structure. Kevin sheedy did an interview with a leading Dutch youth coach and they both talked about the optimium route to ensuring youth footballers progress to full first team professionals. The Dutch route rarely involves loans & certainly not long term ones as they don't trust somebody else to develop there players. This looks to be a hybrid of philosophies youth & under 21 clearly is not competitive enough & if anything is stunting development & loaning a player to a team for a season means you lose to much control over there development. Therefore we have employed joe royle to help with looking after Loan players etc & we are giving players short term loans with options to extend if all goes well, all with the plan if exposing them to competitive football. Look at delli Ali would he have broke though if he was at Chelsea academy 100% no instead he has played over 50 Competitive games in mans football and is showing experience beyond his years gained at a lower level playing for a team who play good football.

still doesnt make any sense to me, are we going to loan henen or grant to a league 2 side when them come back from their current ones in league 2? look at spurs with harry kane, he progressed to better teams with each loan. even garbutt with us, moved up the divisions with each loan.

still doesnt make any sense to me, are we going to loan henen or grant to a league 2 side when them come back from their current ones in league 2? look at spurs with harry kane, he progressed to better teams with each loan. even garbutt with us, moved up the divisions with each loan.
Harry Kane couldn't get a game at more than one of his loans the millwall fans said he was a real trier but was awful. He scored 24 goals in 4 season on loan Norwich may have even cancelled his loan can't quite remember he is an example of loans not working.

Harry Kane couldn't get a game at more than one of his loans the millwall fans said he was a real trier but was awful. He scored 24 goals in 4 season on loan Norwich may have even cancelled his loan can't quite remember he is an example of loans not working.
When I say not working I meant he choice of clubs not loans themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.