Everton players out on loan (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Division One
Doncaster - Conor Grant played full match in 1-2 home defeat to Port Vale

OS Match Report
"The home side pushed for the equaliser, Conor Grant struck a fierce shot at goal forcing Alnwick into a very good save and Liam Mandeville couldn’t quite find the follow up."

Twitter stuff
79' Good skills by Conor Grant as he pirouettes into the box, he shoots left footed but it doesn't trouble Alnwick 0-2

Random fan comments
"Grant was far too deep to have an influence on the game and should have been moved forward earlier."

@Mikey_Fitzgerald Ex-EFC player Matty Kennedy made his debut for Port Vale on loan from Cardiff and provided cross for first goal.

Always liked Kennedy

Good on him for getting an assist

Guardian commenting on the Kenny to Oxford story:

Everton’s England Under-17 European Championship winner Jonjoe Kenny is to join Oxford United on an initial one-month loan.

The right-back, who made his debut for Everton’s under-21 side at the age of 16, played seven games on loan at Wigan Athletic earlier this season before being recalled to Goodison Park. The Merseyside club are anxious for the 18-year-old to gain further first-team football, though the youngster is not expected to be eligible to feature for the League Two side in Saturday’s FA Cup fourth-round tie against Blackburn Rovers.

Guardian commenting on the Kenny to Oxford story:
For what it's worth I believe that would make him unavailable to play for our first team as he's already played for Wigan this season so don't recall him early let him play the season out there as long as all's well. A very good prospect.

EDIT: I just noticed that Oxford are in League two (thought they were League One originally), interesting that the club would send him two a lower league considering he was getting good game time in League One.

For what it's worth I believe that would make him unavailable to play for our first team as he's already played for Wigan this season so don't recall him early let him play the season out there as long as all's well. A very good prospect.

EDIT: I just noticed that Oxford are in League two (thought they were League One originally), interesting that the club would send him two a lower league considering he was getting good game time in League One.
I'm not sure you are right about that mate, not sure you are wrong either. The 3 registrations/only play for 2 clubs obviously applies to seniors , but young players are allowed to move around on loans more freely, but I'm not sure what age a "young player" stops at. I was trying to think of a multi club example loanee we have, I think that Russell Griffiths, 19 year old GK, has been to 2 clubs already. Anyway , he's moved now and from their site : "Kenny goes straight into the squad as United welcome Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup on Saturday"

Re your Edit. Scroll back a page or two , some of us are puzzled by the Wigan/Oxford move too, but it is what it is, I'm sure He'll do well at Oxford.

FA Cup
Oxford Utd - Jonjoe Kenny on bench for 0-3 home defeat by Blackburn (final game for loanee in his position)

League One
Fleetwood - David Henen started and played 76 minutes in 1-2 away defeat against Bradford City

OS Match Report
"Kiwoyma was then presented with an opportunity to take the lead when David Henen cut the ball back into the area, but the forward scuffed his shot from a good position."

No particular Twitter or fan board comments.

League Two
Cambridge Utd - Ryan Ledson started and played full match in 3-1 away win over Leyton Orient

OS Match Report
"An excellent drop of the shoulder from Ryan Ledson with 33 minutes played in which he deceived two Orient defenders to open up the pitch and pick a pass out for Williamson, almost resulted in United doubling their lead"

Twitter stuff
8' Good spell of pressure from United, with Ledson and Dunne stringing together play in midfield to keep the U's firmly in the Orient half
Ledson and Dunk both shoot from the edge of the area, Orient block and counter attack before winning a corner of their own. 0-1
33' An excellent turn from Ledson opens up the pitch and he picks out Williamson who has his shot blocked

Random fan comments (nice to see some positivity about him!)
"Notable mentions for Ledson who was superb today"
"Ledson ran the game."
"I think Ledson needs to be dropped as he gives the ball away far to much"
"Watch Ledsons celebration in all 3 of our goals. Its nice to see that a guy who knows he doesn't have a long term future at our club (obviously looking to be playing a lot higher next season) looks so pleased/excited when we have scored especially when he didn't score any of them. Good Lad. Would be nice to keep him on for the rest of the season"

Yeovil Town - Liam Walsh started and played until the 82nd minute of 2-3 away win over AFC Wimbledon

OS Match Report
"A superb through ball from loanee Liam Walsh set up the run of Jack Compton perfectly. The former Hartlepool man made no mistake in slotting the ball under Shea, much to the delight of the travelling faithful."
"On 18 minutes Town nearly took the lead when a Walsh corner from the Yeovil left was headed against his own bar by Jon Meades, whilst under pressure from Jakub Sokolik."
"Town started the second half brightly with shots from Compton and Walsh stinging the palms of Shea in the AFC Wimbledon goal."
"With just under ten minutes remaining Town made their second sub with Simon Gillett replacing the very impressive Liam Walsh."

Twitter stuff
A superb through ball from Walsh sees him release Compton, who slots the ball home under Shea. 1-1
8: Brilliant cross from Walsh is headed against the bar by a defender. Another corner.
26: Another fine cross from Walsh just misses everyone and out for a goal kick.
52: Walsh battles hard to win the ball on the edge of the area. He then curls the ball at goal, but his effort is saved.
82: Sub for #YTFC. Walsh is replaced by Simon Gillett.

(No fan forum.)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Henen. With the likes of Leandro, the new Swiss lad plus potentially one or more new strikers this transfer window, there will be plenty of competition up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.