Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short excerpt from The Athletic discussing covid's impact on Spurs finances so far:

"Spurs forecasted a possible loss of £150 million in 2020-21 on Monday. Their financial results showed a loss of £63.9 million for the year ending June 30, 2020, compared with a profit of £68.6 million for the previous 12 months, and looking ahead, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy said: “Our estimate for the current financial year of the potential loss of revenue, should the stadium remain closed to fans, is in excess of £150 million.”

It’s understood that Spurs’ official reason for going so early was that since the figures were ready there was no reason to delay. However, there are those that are speculating that doing so was a retort to Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden stating that Premier League sides, rather than the Government, should bail out Football League clubs.

“This is to get the message across to the Government that football isn’t awash with money,” says Maguire. Spurs would certainly not be alone in feeling frustration at the Government’s stance, since many within the Premier League have privately expressed their exasperation that no other company or group of companies is being asked to perform an equivalent bail-out.

When you consider that Spurs, generally considered to be a fiscally responsible and successful premier league club, is struggling so much - can't imagine how long other clubs can go before they aren't able to pay wages let alone contemplate big money signings.

Clubs without oil or foreign wealth are gonna be in trouble. I wonder if they sell anyone despite competing for the league

A short excerpt from The Athletic discussing covid's impact on Spurs finances so far:

When you consider that Spurs, generally considered to be a fiscally responsible and successful premier league club, is struggling so much - can't imagine how long other clubs can go before they aren't able to pay wages let alone contemplate big money signings.

Clubs without oil or foreign wealth are gonna be in trouble. I wonder if they sell anyone despite competing for the league
Spurs are a self sustaining club that don't spend money. Their chairman doesn't like to spend money. Their owner doesn't like to spend money. They also are, as you see there, MASSIVELY reliant on match day revenue. Same with Utd and Liverpool.

Chelsea were an anomaly that had a TON of room on FFP because of their ban and Abramovich likes to spend money.

As far as I can see, we have 1.8 owners who love to spend money and can/will/have do it freely. It's all predicated on whether or not they think it is prudent at this point. I honestly can't see how they can see how bonkers this season has been and not think we have a shot at something.

Spurs are a self sustaining club that don't spend money. Their chairman doesn't like to spend money. Their owner doesn't like to spend money. They also are, as you see there, MASSIVELY reliant on match day revenue. Same with Utd and Liverpool.

Chelsea were an anomaly that had a TON of room on FFP because of their ban and Abramovich likes to spend money.

As far as I can see, we have 1.8 owners who love to spend money and can/will/have do it freely. It's all predicated on whether or not they think it is prudent at this point. I honestly can't see how they can see how bonkers this season has been and not think we have a shot at something.

Just on Spurs, they've spent a lot of money recently

Their wage bill is huge.

That was all factored against having the new stadium, which they now obviously aren't getting full use of (NFL, concerts, the footy,)

We need another body in central midfield who'll take control with the ball and not panic, first and foremost. In an ideal world Gomes would be providing this, but he's too inconsistent. That's why I reckon Isco could be a decent shout - we need a player in there with quality in his feet to take control and play us out of danger. The second half on Sunday was a great example of where we really needed someone like that.

We need another body in central midfield who'll take control with the ball and not panic, first and foremost. In an ideal world Gomes would be providing this, but he's too inconsistent. That's why I reckon Isco could be a decent shout - we need a player in there with quality in his feet to take control and play us out of danger. The second half on Sunday was a great example of where we really needed someone like that.

Hes too slow...

Before we decide IscoN or IsNo

We need to make up our mind about what formation we want. If it's 433, then bring him on and play him on that Gomes role.

But 4231 or 343? He wouldn't fit

Status
Not open for further replies.