Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan Bedarnek from Southampton linked as our 'principal target' in January this morning. 24 and has started all 10 of their PL games so far. Unclear as to why they might be open to selling to us considering their own flyer of a start. Nice headed goal from him yesterday too.

Surely if there are any legs in this story then someone else is on the way out in January. Is it possible Mina is on his way?

Which is madness because that literally was what Moshiri said Brands' remit was. Get young players for biggish fees but low wages and help them grow to either be successful with us or make us profit. And the 2 players who would make us the most money are the ones that fit that stance. Which we've moved almost completely away from.

Just don't get what is going on with this club honestly..

Join the "club" none of us do.

Jan Bedarnek from Southampton linked as our 'principal target' in January this morning. 24 and has started all 10 of their PL games so far. Unclear as to why they might be open to selling to us considering their own flyer of a start. Nice headed goal from him yesterday too.

Surely if there are any legs in this story then someone else is on the way out in January. Is it possible Mina is on his way?

We've only got 15 centrebacks - Sign him up Brands!

Where was that? Surely not after signing Godfrey and already having four other CBS?!

Unless Carlo wants to sell a few!

Where was that? Surely not after signing Godfrey and already having four other CBS?!

Unless Carlo wants to sell a few!
I could see one of Mina/Keane being moved on but that is not a name i expected us to be linked with and i can't say i have heard anyone mention anything in regards to it (I'm down south near that area)

I could see one of Mina/Keane being moved on but that is not a name i expected us to be linked with and i can't say i have heard anyone mention anything in regards to it (I'm down south near that area)
Doesn’t make sense to me unless Carlo is fuming with the CBs. I do think we need a top CB but no idea if Bednarek fits that bill.

I would have thought there are other areas of the team more in need of urgent reinforcements.

Southampton bought him for £5m, so they'd probably be confident in their ability to replace him at a fraction of the profit made through taking Everton to the cleaners.

As for the player, he could expect to triple his wages.

Being linked with Umtiti again this morning, it is being reported Barcelona are willing to sell the 27 year old for around £10m in January to get him off the wage bill.
I could only see us signing him if we are selling a CB or planning on playing Umtiti in a slightly different way, so we play him as a 3rd CB when defending and then he moves to DM when we are attacking, to allow for Alan and Doucore to join the attack

Being linked with Umtiti again this morning, it is being reported Barcelona are willing to sell the 27 year old for around £10m in January to get him off the wage bill.
I could only see us signing him if we are selling a CB or planning on playing Umtiti in a slightly different way, so we play him as a 3rd CB when defending and then he moves to DM when we are attacking, to allow for Alan and Doucore to join the attack
'Persistent knee issues' have dogged his record in the last three seasons as per the reports this morning. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. And if Moon-head, being a former CB, has binned him instantly I am not sure this one is a good idea. This following Bednarek yesterday does suggest one of our higher earning CB's (Mina being rested to avoid injury v leeds?) could be on his merry way in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.