Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours where...
Carlo Ancelotti intends to recover for his stage at Everton some of his former pupils from Naples. After closing the signing of Allan Marques and trying without success that of Hirving Lozano, the coach is now ready to add Fabián Ruiz to the Toffees.

The Italian was delighted with the performance of the Spanish international under his tenure at San Paolo, and for the winter market he would like to have him on his squad again.

The footballer is key for Gattuso and an untouchable piece of the core, but the reality is that Los Palacios has not accepted the renewal proposal and would seek a change of scene. Sounding strongly for Atlético, Real Madrid and Barcelona, at the moment his most likely destiny would be in the Premier League with Everton, a team that would improve his current salary and also offer him to be part of an ambitious sports project.

Ancelotti has telephoned the player to convince him and it seems that the player's response has not been negative so far.

---
"Not been negative" is good enough for me.

Interesting choice with Gueye as a replacement for Gomes. I think it makes sense to get a defensively minded, athletic mobile type to replace him. Frees up Allan and and Doucoure to contribute further up the pitch. Allan probably isn't mobile enough to sit and screen the width of the pitch. Hopefully Gblammo is exactly the player we need and we won't need to buy anyone.

I'm not sure of I'd get another centre forward in. I'd be happy enough to have Richarlison and Kean as backups. Would rather go for a pacey wide player in the Bailey or Zaha mould. Goes straight in to the first team and gives us better options tactically.

So generally, the priority for me would be a wide forward and a right back. Not holding my breath for any meaningful ins his window though.
Yeah I agree. I was assuming Kean wouldn’t come back to us even once his loan finishes. I’d expect he will either stay at PSG or maybe Juve will see how he is doing there and come back for him again. Who knows

I think we need 3/4 players over the next two windows.

Right back - JJK isn’t the solution to replace an aging Coleman who I fear will pick up niggles more often now despite looking great this year. Suggestion: Max Aarons - still at Norwich so an option.

CM - Gomes just frustrates me every time he plays. We need someone high energy who can free up the rest of the team. Suggestion: Gana Gueye - he knows the club, tries his hardest and we might have some leverage with the Kean situation.

Striker - Tosun again is not the long term backup to DCL. We need someone who can either do the same job as DCL or come on from the bench and do something different. Suggestion: Alexander Isak - highly rated at one point but now at Socieded. I still think there is a player in there and Ancelotti could bring it out of him. Socieded are not the biggest club and may take a lower than expected offer.

Winger: losing richy for several weeks highlighted how poor we are in this area outside our first choice. Ideally we want a tricky winger who could play either side. Suggestion: the previous Leon Bailey links make him an obvious thought but perhaps Brands’ Dutch links might help us attract another young prospect like Stengs.
I personally think we need more than 3 or 4.
A GK is a definite. And I would say a CB too. Not sure Keane & Mina are good enough, I can see one going next summer, possibly Mina. The club have high hopes for Branthwaite, but he would probably need a loan, so a couple of years away and Godfrey’s still young. So maybe a CB around the 29/30 bracket For a couple of years . Quite a few out there with a year left on their deals.

Midfield I wouidnt wabt Gana back at 31 and I actually think he’s not a natural number 6 either that just sits, definitely not his game. He’s similar to Allan, maybe quicker across the ground, but Allan looks more composed on the ball. Hopefully Gbamin will make that position his own and we can add another powerful box to box presence. IE Zakaria, Soumare, locatelli

R,side, again I wouldn’t want Zaha, who tends to suit the left side More . And I would still cost a lot. Bailey like you mentioned. Also Brooks, Sarr and the Ukraine winger Tsygankov. And I agree Stengs looks a talent.

I think we will see a lot of changes over the next couple of years, especially with a lot of the deadwood leaving and freeing up space and huge wages.

if You take the Utd game, I can only see 5 maybe 6 of that starting 11, being regulars next season. So still a lot to do, but very exciting going forward, while the last few games have been disappointing. I still think Moshiri will keep backing this manager, he can’t waste this opportunity

Who could we snap up on the cheap here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Realistic ones:
  • Hysaj - right back, gets forward, Carlo knows him obviously.
  • Puig - superstar in the making, Barca in turmoil, who knows worth a punt!
  • Donnaruma - not sure he would want to leave Milan, but then why hasn't he signed contract.
  • Depay - never rated him, but better option than Iwobi and Bernard - and has pace
  • Milik - again is he what we need, but better than Tosun?

Still concerned about pace in the team. If Isco is incoming, he again doesn't add pace. Great player, but is he what we need?

Who could we snap up on the cheap here https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

Realistic ones:
  • Donnaruma - not sure he would want to leave Milan, but then why hasn't he signed contract.
  • Depay - never rated him, but better option than Iwobi and Bernard - and has pace

Still concerned about pace in the team. If Isco is incoming, he again doesn't add pace. Great player, but is he what we need?

I would say all of them would be potential options too.

Realistic ones:

Hysaj - was bombed out of the team by Carlo so can't see it.
Puig - don't know enough about the lad to say he's a 'superstar' in the making, but could be one to look at
Donnarumma - really don't think it's going to happen
Depay - He's an excellent player but he's not taking a sideways step from Lyon to Everton. He'll end up at Barca, deal was all but done in the summer until Lyon's mad chairman refused
Milik - He's not actually all that and we need a forward who is quick

Status
Not open for further replies.