Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my point was pretty much that you don’t need to be messi to improve this squad. 2 injuries to attacking players and we ended up picking a team full of central midfielders in the hope we might nick a goal from a set piece. Against Newcastle. There are so many players available who would improve our attacking options that our biggest problem would probably narrowing them down in time.

The mention of Messi was just to show a point. You say there are so many players available, but who, transfer fee, contract cost and would owning club be willing to sell?

BTW the quality of players within the above parameters is not always available.

The best deals are not normally done in January, the buying club is often buying out of desperation and the players that are available are overpriced and underperforming for their clubs....
There are exceptions of course and would be nice to do a little bit of business if we could. Including a couple of OUTS...

Still think Szoboszlai is the one I'd be most excited for us to go for. I think we should essentially be signing one player from the Red Bull cartel per season at a minimum.

Isco on loan makes total sense.

He adds the ability to make things happen, our passing and thought on the ball is diabolical without James so another olayer who actually thinks forward when the ball is in their possession will be nice.

I am still concerned by our lack of pace something Isco wouldn't solve, if we can loan him and offload some of the ale house we have left I would go for Bailey in Jan.

Isco is not a bad player but is highly overrated. No other player is more hyped in Spain than Isco because "hE pLaYed aNd wAs iMporTanT iN tHe UCL FiNaLS"

This is hard to believe but Siggy has better numbers than Isco in the last couple of seasons. It took Isco 2 years to make an assist. Yes, 2 years playing regularly.

In spite of his stats, I think he can fit in the team. He could definitely play in Gomes' position and add some creativity in the midfield where is urgently needed. I'd go for a loan though.

Isco is not a bad player but is highly overrated. No other player is more hyped in Spain than Isco because "hE pLaYed aNd wAs iMporTanT iN tHe UCL FiNaLS"

This is hard to believe but Siggy has better numbers than Isco in the last couple of seasons. It took Isco 2 years to make an assist. Yes, 2 years playing regularly.

In spite of his stats, I think he can fit in the team. He could definitely play in Gomes' position and add some creativity in the midfield where is urgently needed. I'd go for a loan though.
Apparently Thiago didn’t get an assist for Bayern last season and he’s the greatest midfielder that’s ever lived

The mention of Messi was just to show a point. You say there are so many players available, but who, transfer fee, contract cost and would owning club be willing to sell?

BTW the quality of players within the above parameters is not always available.
There's no point in me naming them, especially because i'd be here all day. I feel like you're not really understanding the incredibly simple - and originally not entirely serious - point being made. We are a very average side all in all; finding players who are better than Jonjoe Kenny, Bernard, Iwobi, Davies etc is really not difficult, there are many of them and lots of them would be available. There was reasonably widespread agreement that a player like Josh King would have improved the squad, that's the level we're at. I'm not saying we should go and get these players, the club should have a plan of what they're looking for and when, I was just making a throwaway comment about the quality of the squad.

No offense to Gomes because I think he still needed to play more games to aid his recovery but we need a central midfielder who moves the ball quicker through to the attack.

Isco will do this in droves IF we can grab him on loan it would be amazing.

I think we will do business this year, the Ancelotti project has started and these last weeks has shown how short in depth we are. I expect at least 2 incomings of top quality, well I hope more than anything.

The best deals are not normally done in January, the buying club is often buying out of desperation and the players that are available are overpriced and underperforming for their clubs....
There are exceptions of course and would be nice to do a little bit of business if we could. Including a couple of OUTS...

bit you can get players with 6 months left on their contracts too

Status
Not open for further replies.