Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100m for DCL, come off it.

Tell me who's paying that? Only clubs who can afford those amounts are massive CL clubs, they'll want someone more proven than DCL who's had what one great season scoring wise ( even then it wasn't a full season )

FS you could get haaland for 100m can't you because of his release clause?

DCL wouldn't go for anything remotely close to 100m, because no one would pay it.

The difference is though, Newcastle can't offer Champions league football so they have to offer crazy fees and wages, like City did at first. The Haaland comparison, yeah much better player, but he will demand that kind of fee, probably more, but the real difference is £500,000 a week in wages, DCL wont, so there are very few clubs in world football who could afford that with FFP, Certainly not Newcastle, no problem with money, wages and fee's but massive problem with FFP. Which is why £100m would be gladly spent on DCL, young, English premium, fast, great in the air scores goals and more importantly FFP worries, won't demand incredible wages.

No idea, they won't sell him.

I absolutely agree that arsenal spurs and Newcastle would all want him, but none of them teams are paying 80m plus for him.

Maybe Newcastle will get stupid with the new money, but I honestly don't think DCL would take a move to any of them 3 clubs at this stage of his career, if he was to leave us it would have to be a top club, and I don't think he's good enough yet myself for a city etc
I guess what I`m also highlighting is that the money we`d get for our best players will be good, I don`t trust the club to spend it in the right way as you have highlighted and what we have seen in the last 4 years. Spurs wasted the Bale money, we wasted the Lukaku money and we would do the same again IMO...

16/17
Bolasie
Schneiderlin
Williams
Lookman
Stekelenberg
Gueye*
Calvert-Lewin*
Spent £77m. Recouped £54.7m, Stones was sold for £50m

17/18
Sigurdsson
Keane*
Pickford*
Klaassen
Walcott
Tosun
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Sandro
Spent £182.8m. Recouped £113.7m, including sales of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu.

18/19
Richarlison*
Mina*
Digne*
Zouma (loan)*
Gomes (Loan) Started very well*
Bernard
Spent £89.8m. Recouped £25.7m including sales of Klaasen and Funes Mori.

19/20
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes (Permanently)
Delph
Sidibe
Spent £108.9m, Recouped £79m including sales of Gueye, Vlasic, Lookman, Onyekuru & McCarthy.

20/21
Godfrey*
Allan*
Doucoure*
Nkounkou (I still believe he has a future and will be good, all the attributes)
James
Olson
King
Spent £67.3m, Recouped £3.98m with sales of Dowell and Schneiderlin.

21/22
Gray*
Townsend*
Begovic
Lonergan
Rondon
Spent £1.8m. Recouped 14.4m apparently through sales of James, Kean and Bernard.

Also in that time we have run down contracts on these players and they have left on a free. It would be interesting to see the purchase price, depreciation and sale prices analysis to see how much we have lost on these players....

Howard
Pienaar
Kone
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Jagielka
Williams
Galloway
Sando
Stekelenberg
Garbutt
Tarashaj
Martina
Niasse
Walcott
Pennington
King
Baningime
Bolasie
Besic
=How much did these cost us in transfer fees, signing fees and wages before releasing them?

18/19 and 20/21 were fairly good seasons for incomings, the rest absolutely atrocious...

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/alletransfers/verein/29

I guess what I`m also highlighting is that the money we`d get for our best players will be good, I don`t trust the club to spend it in the right way as you have highlighted and what we have seen in the last 4 years. Spurs wasted the Bale money, we wasted the Lukaku money and we would do the same again IMO...

16/17
Bolasie
Schneiderlin
Williams
Lookman
Stekelenberg
Gueye*
Calvert-Lewin*
Spent £77m. Recouped £54.7m, Stones was sold for £50m

17/18
Sigurdsson
Keane*
Pickford*
Klaassen
Walcott
Tosun
Vlasic
Onyekuru
Sandro
Spent £182.8m. Recouped £113.7m, including sales of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu.

18/19
Richarlison*
Mina*
Digne*
Zouma (loan)*
Gomes (Loan) Started very well*
Bernard
Spent £89.8m. Recouped £25.7m including sales of Klaasen and Funes Mori.

19/20
Iwobi
Kean
Gbamin
Gomes (Permanently)
Delph
Sidibe
Spent £108.9m, Recouped £79m including sales of Gueye, Vlasic, Lookman, Onyekuru & McCarthy.

20/21
Godfrey*
Allan*
Doucoure*
Nkounkou (I still believe he has a future and will be good, all the attributes)
James
Olson
King
Spent £67.3m, Recouped £3.98m with sales of Dowell and Schneiderlin.

21/22
Gray*
Townsend*
Begovic
Lonergan
Rondon
Spent £1.8m. Recouped 14.4m apparently through sales of James, Kean and Bernard.

Also in that time we have run down contracts on these players and they have left on a free. It would be interesting to see the purchase price, depreciation and sale prices analysis to see how much we have lost on these players....

Howard
Pienaar
Kone
Robles
Rooney
Mirallas
Jagielka
Williams
Galloway
Sando
Stekelenberg
Garbutt
Tarashaj
Martina
Niasse
Walcott
Pennington
King
Baningime
Bolasie
Besic
=How much did these cost us in transfer fees, signing fees and wages before releasing them?

18/19 and 20/21 were fairly good seasons for incomings, the rest absolutely atrocious...

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-everton/alletransfers/verein/29
Makes me weep.
That is just horrific.

Makes me weep.
That is just horrific.

The current squad was bought for c£372m.

The 12 good players I have highlighted previously cost c£199m which means the deadwood in our squad cost us c£173m. Plus we have made losses on these guys:-

McCarthy -£10.8m
Kone -£6.3m
Niasse -£16.1m
Bolasie -£26m
Schneiderlin -£18.7m
Williams -£12.6m
Klaassen -£12.2m
Walcott -£20.3m

So you can see why we are in the mess we are in..... We did make some sizable and suprising gains as well too though:-

Stones £46.9m
Naismith £9.9m
Lukaku £44.41m
Cleverley £8.3m
Gueye £19.3m
Vlasic £11m
Onyekuru £5m

Obviously the big question is how much is the deadwood in our squad we paid £172m worth now? How much can we get for them? Most are likely to go on free transfer after their contracts have run down......

The 12 good players I have highlighted previously cost c£199m which means the deadwood in our squad cost us c£173m. Plus we have made losses on these guys:-

McCarthy -£10.8m
Kone -£6.3m
Niasse -£16.1m
Bolasie -£26m
Schneiderlin -£18.7m
Williams -£12.6m
Klaassen -£12.2m
Walcott -£20.3m

So you can see why we are in the mess we are in..... We did make some sizable and suprising gains as well too though:-

Stones £46.9m
Naismith £9.9m
Lukaku £44.41m
Cleverley £8.3m
Gueye £19.3m
Vlasic £11m
Onyekuru £5m

Obviously the big question is how much is the deadwood in our squad we paid £172m worth now? How much can we get for them? Most are likely to go on free transfer after their contracts have run down......

You can add Cenk Tosun to the losses pile at -£27m and Sigurdsson at -£45m

McCarthy -£10.8m
Kone -£6.3m
Niasse -£16.1m
Bolasie -£26m
Schneiderlin -£18.7m
Williams -£12.6m
Klaassen -£12.2m
Walcott -£20.3m

Stones £46.9m
Naismith £9.9m
Lukaku £44.41m
Cleverley £8.3m
Gueye £19.3m
Vlasic £11m
Onyekuru £5m

That's not how it works on the the books for amortization. If they play for the club you have to factor that in (as far as the books go). For example we didn't take a 10M pound loss on McCarthy. We sold him for 3M amount (I have seen 3 and I have seen 8) and we paid 13M for him on a 5 year deal. So his cost on the books goes down2.6M every year he played for us. Since we sold him on the last year of the deal, I believe on the books we technically made a profit on him.

For example since Siggy is on the last year of his deal if we had sold him for more than 9M pounds (I know it wouldn't happen) then he would go down as a profit in our books. The sale of the player hits all at once on the books and the cost of the player is spread out per year of the contract.

This is not to say that these were all good buys or smart spending of our money and there is way more that go into the cost of the player for FFP but "making money" on player sales isn't as straightforward as what you bought - what you sell. (Someone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.)

That's not how it works on the the books for amortization. If they play for the club you have to factor that in (as far as the books go). For example we didn't take a 10M pound loss on McCarthy. We sold him for 3M amount (I have seen 3 and I have seen 8) and we paid 13M for him on a 5 year deal. So his cost on the books goes down2.6M every year he played for us. Since we sold him on the last year of the deal, I believe on the books we technically made a profit on him.

For example since Siggy is on the last year of his deal if we had sold him for more than 9M pounds (I know it wouldn't happen) then he would go down as a profit in our books. The sale of the player hits all at once on the books and the cost of the player is spread out per year of the contract.

This is not to say that these were all good buys or smart spending of our money and there is way more that go into the cost of the player for FFP but "making money" on player sales isn't as straightforward as what you bought - what you sell. (Someone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.)
Correct, I havent factored in the depreciation on assets due to not knowing the length of contracts initially signed etc... But I do take you point that some players will be affectively £0 by the end of this season. What is galling is the returns on these massive outlays....

That’s why if you take, siggurdsson next summer and delph, Tosun. And all their wages. You are looking at roughly 30mil saved on the books.

Amd then say we give Mina a new deal, also Godfrey and Doucoure. That would also take more money off the books. As Mina may go from costing 6mil a year to 3mil

I knew things were bad, but seeing this all written down at a time when we were all so excited about Moshri’s investment is tough reading

I don`t want us to sell any of our best players, yes we are in a hole financially but we should be focusing on adding to our squad and not selling for cheaper alternatives.

In an earlier post I listed 12 players who are good enough to take us forward to Europe etc.... Lets just focus on them for a moment, those 12 were :-

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Godfrey
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend

Or to put it another way.......

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan Doucoure

Townsend Richarlison Gray

Calvert-Lewin​

Leaving just Godfrey or whoever your CB preferences are on the bench.....

So we need to recruit a whole bench or another 10 players to push each other and bring up competition for places which I dont believe we have ever had.

This doesnt need to be done with billions of pounds, we have proven that with Gray and Townsend and more in the distant past Cahill, Jagielka, Pienaar, Baines etc, the list is endless, you could probably add more.

IMO the only thing holding us back is the deadwood which I believe to be Begovic, Lonergan, Kenny, Holgate, Delph, Voldermort, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Iwobi, Tosun and now the lump Rondon. Some will say that some these players are OK as back up, which is OK until the back up or many of the back ups have to play which is where we see our results plummet with injuries.

Keep our best players and build back slowly getting the right fit player with the right attitude within our budget which would be considerably higher if you could lose that dead wood listed above.

I`ve not seen any real exciting talent coming through our academy which is disappointing, I do know that our U23s are the second youngest side in the PL2 so something is happening. We need to see how this pans out.

Just my take but none of us know the RB/MB strategy on transfers if there is one and none of us know the real extent of the finances. I guess we need to wait and see but for god sakes no more Rondons!........

Pickford
Digne
Godfrey
Mina
Doucoure
Allan
Gray
Richarlison
DCL

Those are the 9 players we need to keep for the next 3 seasons as the core of the squad.

Beyond that there are 14 more positions to fill a squad of 23. Some of these may be filled with youngsters and older players.

We need to be focused on signing 'the right' profile of player and the 'right' age to build not only this team, but a new team behind it.

I just don't think we should ever be scared of selling players - all but a very small number of teams sell players and then try to reinvest the money. The problem with us is that we have been spectacularly bad at doing this in the past. If you are going to sell a big player, plan for it months in advance, have your replacement well-scouted and lined up and be confident he's what you need to fill the gap. The replacement should ideally be younger and cheaper.

What you shouldn't do, for example, is sell John Stones and replace him with a 32 year old Ashley Williams. Or sell Romelu Lukaku and not replace him at all because you couldn't convince a 31 year old Olivier Giroud to join.

The interesting links were Donny Van Der Beek and Luis Diaz who both play in the two positions where Richarlison has been played this season -- left sided forward and in the 10 role.

I wonder if we had received an £80mil bid for Richarlison would we have gone straight out and signed those two players.

On the other hand, the right back position hasnt been filled and we have 5 centre backs with zero left back cover so theres not much hope in joined up thinking.

No idea, they won't sell him.

I absolutely agree that arsenal spurs and Newcastle would all want him, but none of them teams are paying 80m plus for him.

Maybe Newcastle will get stupid with the new money, but I honestly don't think DCL would take a move to any of them 3 clubs at this stage of his career, if he was to leave us it would have to be a top club, and I don't think he's good enough yet myself for a city etc

If you are Newcastle and need to stay in the league it doesnt matter to you if the fee for a player who would be with you for 5+ seasons as centre forward also playing for England costs £100mil or £120mil.

DCL would be a marquee, intelligent and good value signing for Newcastle and could be expected to score 15+ a season while they are building their mega money squad.

Would he go there, it depends if they offer him £200k+ a week and tell him theyre spending £100mil on Rice and £100mil on Bellingham in the summer...which they could do as well.

Whats the difference playing for Newcastle or Everton in 2 seasons time? One has a shiny new stadium while the other doubles or trebles your salary.

McCarthy -£10.8m
Kone -£6.3m
Niasse -£16.1m
Bolasie -£26m
Schneiderlin -£18.7m
Williams -£12.6m
Klaassen -£12.2m
Walcott -£20.3m

Stones £46.9m
Naismith £9.9m
Lukaku £44.41m
Cleverley £8.3m
Gueye £19.3m
Vlasic £11m
Onyekuru £5m

Under Moshiri were about £42mil net spend a season.

That’s why if you take, siggurdsson next summer and delph, Tosun. And all their wages. You are looking at roughly 30mil saved on the books.

Amd then say we give Mina a new deal, also Godfrey and Doucoure. That would also take more money off the books. As Mina may go from costing 6mil a year to 3mil

I calculated it roughly the other day, i think the players out this summer is about £350k a week in wages (£18mil a year), £480k would be needed to take us down £25mil.

We should be selling players in January and getting precontract agreements signed + extending our own players deals.

Aside from that bring in players like Patterson and Ramsay who can develop into starters.

If you are Newcastle and need to stay in the league it doesnt matter to you if the fee for a player who would be with you for 5+ seasons as centre forward also playing for England costs £100mil or £120mil.

DCL would be a marquee, intelligent and good value signing for Newcastle and could be expected to score 15+ a season while they are building their mega money squad.

Would he go there, it depends if they offer him £200k+ a week and tell him theyre spending £100mil on Rice and £100mil on Bellingham in the summer...which they could do as well.

Whats the difference playing for Newcastle or Everton in 2 seasons time? One has a shiny new stadium while the other doubles or trebles your salary.
1) it doesnt matter what newcadtle are willing to lay because DCL wouldn't go to go Newcastle at the minute or anytime soon for that matter

2) centre forwards playing for England cost 100-120m? By that you mean kane? Because DCL doesn't start for England and never will unless kane is injured.

3) would he go there? No, no he wouldn't, neither will rice or Bellingham, quote me on that. They'll sign

4) what's the difference between us Two? Absolutely nothing at the moment so you've answered your own question as to why he would move there, i think DCL genuinely does love the club and would only move if he felt he couldn't win anything here AND a big club where after him, Newcastle United aren't that big club.

More importantly after all them points, he has not done enough YET to suggest hes good enough for any "big" team.

1) it doesnt matter what newcadtle are willing to lay because DCL wouldn't go to go Newcastle at the minute or anytime soon for that matter

2) centre forwards playing for England cost 100-120m? By that you mean kane? Because DCL doesn't start for England and never will unless kane is injured.

3) would he go there? No, no he wouldn't, neither will rice or Bellingham, quote me on that. They'll sign

4) what's the difference between us Two? Absolutely nothing at the moment so you've answered your own question as to why he would move there, i think DCL genuinely does love the club and would only move if he felt he couldn't win anything here AND a big club where after him, Newcastle United aren't that big club.

More importantly after all them points, he has not done enough YET to suggest hes good enough for any "big" team.

Turn the question on its head...

How much would you be happy selling DCL at?

How much do you think Benitez/Brands would be happy selling DCL at?

How much would it cost to sign a replacement? Bear in mind Osimhen cost €68mil from Lille when he went to Napoli and Fiorentina expect €90.5mil for Vlahovic.

For me, Id be surprised if we sold for under £100mil. This is a player who ticks all the boxes for us and gets better every season.

He fits the profile of player a lot of top sides would appreciate...hes also someone we would find hard to replace.

If we sold him then it would need to be enough to sign a higher potential level replacement + another player to make it even worthwhile if we were confident those players would improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.