Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the past transfer activity you would put nothing past this club.... One 1st team left back! How many years to address RB? No back up striker! The squad is so unbalanced and laden full of rubbish.

Looking at track records that is exactly the irresponsible thing Everton would do! Then spunk the 60-70-80 million on Che Adams or someone......

Positive as ever I see, you must be a riot to have a beer with......

….sometimes a team produces a surprising set of results that makes me think they are worth having a look at in case they have a player or two.

I know Roma are struggling but Norwegian team FK Broda/Glimt stuck 6 past them last night and are top of their league.

You might want to read my other posts sausage, I'm not saying they aren't worth more than 60m each or we don't value them at more than 60m each, but it's very unlikely we would sell them at 80m each.

DCL is under contract until 2025 - we are in a good place with him. Given the Ben White and Grealish deals etc this summer and the fact that he scores goals, is young and English, we'd be looking around the £100m mark if he was sold this summer - sounds mental, but all the cards are in our favour on him.

Richarlison - less certain. Will only have two years left on his contract this summer. Still, he's Brazil's number 9 and PSG will have a huge Mbappe-shaped hole in their attack. I would imagine he will be on their radar. Doubt we will get £100m for him, but £70m to £80m doesn't seem too fanciful.

DCL is under contract until 2025 - we are in a good place with him. Given the Ben White and Grealish deals etc this summer and the fact that he scores goals, is young and English, we'd be looking around the £100m mark if he was sold this summer - sounds mental, but all the cards are in our favour on him.

Richarlison - less certain. Will only have two years left on his contract this summer. Still, he's Brazil's number 9 and PSG will have a huge Mbappe-shaped hole in their attack. I would imagine he will be on their radar. Doubt we will get £100m for him, but £70m to £80m doesn't seem too fanciful.
100m for DCL, come off it.

Tell me who's paying that? Only clubs who can afford those amounts are massive CL clubs, they'll want someone more proven than DCL who's had what one great season scoring wise ( even then it wasn't a full season )

FS you could get haaland for 100m can't you because of his release clause?

DCL wouldn't go for anything remotely close to 100m, because no one would pay it.

DCL: £100mil+
Richarlison: £80-100mil
Mina:£20-30mil

Keane + Holgate + Davies + Iwobi = £50/60mil

Theres a lot of possibilities if we had a DOF that could sell players.

Id extend:
DCL / Richarlison / Doucoure / Allan / Mina / Godfrey / Gray / Pickford -- Digne just extended.

Build from there and sell off the squad players to reinvest.

There’s a few things that determine the fee IMO.

One the clubs interested. IE Utd, city, Newcastle lol. Barca, Madrid, PSG. Then we can expect to get top dollar.

If it’s the level below clubs, Spurs, Arsenal, Italian teams, say. And they dont offer what we want. It comes down to contract, with DCL we can afford to not sell and sit tight for another year. Richarlison we may have to bite the bullet, if he wants to go.

Tell me who's paying that? Only clubs who can afford those amounts are massive CL clubs, they'll want someone more proven than DCL who's had what one great season scoring wise ( even then it wasn't a full season )

DCL wouldn't go for anything remotely close to 100m, because no one would pay it.
But only one club can buy Haaland.

How much do you think rashford would go for if Utd sold.

You may well be right, but somewhere in that region would probably be our valuation. As with all these things, you need a situation where a buyer specifically wants the player and has the means to spend a lot of money on him. You probably wouldn't get a foreign team looking at DCL, but if he gets fit this side of Christmas and scores 15 league goals or more, then he will be in the thoughts of more or less every team outside of City and Liverpool. United and Chelsea would probably have bigger fish to fry to begin with, but Arsenal, Spurs (if Kane were to leave) and Newcastle would probably all take him.

I don't see it happening, particularly because this injury is going to prevent him having a big goal scoring season, but given recent transfers we'd absolutely be looking in the £100m region now.

I don`t want us to sell any of our best players, yes we are in a hole financially but we should be focusing on adding to our squad and not selling for cheaper alternatives.

In an earlier post I listed 12 players who are good enough to take us forward to Europe etc.... Lets just focus on them for a moment, those 12 were :-

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Godfrey
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend

Or to put it another way.......

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan Doucoure

Townsend Richarlison Gray

Calvert-Lewin​

Leaving just Godfrey or whoever your CB preferences are on the bench.....

So we need to recruit a whole bench or another 10 players to push each other and bring up competition for places which I dont believe we have ever had.

This doesnt need to be done with billions of pounds, we have proven that with Gray and Townsend and more in the distant past Cahill, Jagielka, Pienaar, Baines etc, the list is endless, you could probably add more.

IMO the only thing holding us back is the deadwood which I believe to be Begovic, Lonergan, Kenny, Holgate, Delph, Voldermort, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Iwobi, Tosun and now the lump Rondon. Some will say that some these players are OK as back up, which is OK until the back up or many of the back ups have to play which is where we see our results plummet with injuries.

Keep our best players and build back slowly getting the right fit player with the right attitude within our budget which would be considerably higher if you could lose that dead wood listed above.

I`ve not seen any real exciting talent coming through our academy which is disappointing, I do know that our U23s are the second youngest side in the PL2 so something is happening. We need to see how this pans out.

Just my take but none of us know the RB/MB strategy on transfers if there is one and none of us know the real extent of the finances. I guess we need to wait and see but for god sakes no more Rondons!........

I don`t want us to sell any of our best players, yes we are in a hole financially but we should be focusing on adding to our squad and not selling for cheaper alternatives.

In an earlier post I listed 12 players who are good enough to take us forward to Europe etc.... Lets just focus on them for a moment, those 12 were :-

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Godfrey
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend

Or to put it another way.......

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Allan Doucoure

Townsend Richarlison Gray

Calvert-Lewin​

Leaving just Godfrey or whoever your CB preferences are on the bench.....

So we need to recruit a whole bench or another 10 players to push each other and bring up competition for places which I dont believe we have ever had.

This doesnt need to be done with billions of pounds, we have proven that with Gray and Townsend and more in the distant past Cahill, Jagielka, Pienaar, Baines etc, the list is endless, you could probably add more.

IMO the only thing holding us back is the deadwood which I believe to be Begovic, Lonergan, Kenny, Holgate, Delph, Voldermort, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies, Iwobi, Tosun and now the lump Rondon. Some will say that some these players are OK as back up, which is OK until the back up or many of the back ups have to play which is where we see our results plummet with injuries.

Keep our best players and build back slowly getting the right fit player with the right attitude within our budget which would be considerably higher if you could lose that dead wood listed above.

I`ve not seen any real exciting talent coming through our academy which is disappointing, I do know that our U23s are the second youngest side in the PL2 so something is happening. We need to see how this pans out.

Just my take but none of us know the RB/MB strategy on transfers if there is one and none of us know the real extent of the finances. I guess we need to wait and see but for god sakes no more Rondons!........

I just don't think we should ever be scared of selling players - all but a very small number of teams sell players and then try to reinvest the money. The problem with us is that we have been spectacularly bad at doing this in the past. If you are going to sell a big player, plan for it months in advance, have your replacement well-scouted and lined up and be confident he's what you need to fill the gap. The replacement should ideally be younger and cheaper.

What you shouldn't do, for example, is sell John Stones and replace him with a 32 year old Ashley Williams. Or sell Romelu Lukaku and not replace him at all because you couldn't convince a 31 year old Olivier Giroud to join.

How much do you think rashford would go for if Utd sold.

No idea, they won't sell him.
You may well be right, but somewhere in that region would probably be our valuation. As with all these things, you need a situation where a buyer specifically wants the player and has the means to spend a lot of money on him. You probably wouldn't get a foreign team looking at DCL, but if he gets fit this side of Christmas and scores 15 league goals or more, then he will be in the thoughts of more or less every team outside of City and Liverpool. United and Chelsea would probably have bigger fish to fry to begin with, but Arsenal, Spurs (if Kane were to leave) and Newcastle would probably all take him.

I don't see it happening, particularly because this injury is going to prevent him having a big goal scoring season, but given recent transfers we'd absolutely be looking in the £100m region now.
I absolutely agree that arsenal spurs and Newcastle would all want him, but none of them teams are paying 80m plus for him.

Maybe Newcastle will get stupid with the new money, but I honestly don't think DCL would take a move to any of them 3 clubs at this stage of his career, if he was to leave us it would have to be a top club, and I don't think he's good enough yet myself for a city etc

Status
Not open for further replies.