Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was at Barcelona from July 2018-November 2021. Were in trouble lol
Coutinho was signed 6 months before he arrived, and Dembele a year before. Not saying being part of Barca and their disaster is great, but any of his signings are just now starting to come to fruition. Looking at what has happened since he has been there, some of his sales and profits on some players has been very impressive, and some of his signings, I think the big marks against are Griezeman and Pjanic.

Sorry Zat but completely disagree for the reasons;

- We wont go with any diamond. For some reason Benitez is determined to play defensive and his appear sudden obsession with a back five looks painful.
- If Richarlison is fit, he plays, as does DCL. This means we have Gordon, Gray, Townsend, Iwobi, all vying for right wing. (Which is absolutely fine). Gordon is a senior player now and has earned that right wing spot for me.
- It's pointless, we are neglecting urgent quality in midfielder. I like Allan but in a two he is lost (not on his fault, he hasnt the legs for it, simple as).

Let's say we go a diamond, for arguments sake. You have Allan and Doucoure behind yes? That limits Doucoures qualities but lets say thats what happens. Not a single of those front six are capable of playing that 10 role. (It's effectively a 4-2-3-1 with wingers who work hard and track back).

DCL - Striker
Richarlison - in a 442, could do that second striker role, but ultimately wide forward or striker.
Gray - winger, absolutely a winger, either side.
Townsend - winger, same again. Two footed, can do either side.
Iwobi - tosh in any position, has no confidence anymore and plays pure safe every chance he gets.
Gordon - the only one who is feasible to play in behind in that hole, but still not for me, best used wide where he can cut in and create and cause problems.

I dont mean this to come across rude or condescending, I appreciate those looking on the bright side of it. I just personally don't see it.

My only hope, is that this is for 5 months before a target who we've been linked with (along the lines of Neres, Kulesevski) will become available, which I would accept. Assuming that Iwobi is being punted into the next galaxy.

Add this to the fact it's most likely going to be Longstaff from Newcastle, another nothing player it's a huge neglect to the team.

Nothing personal against El Ghazi, I have not seen enough of him to have a full opinion, it's more just the completely lack of neccessity for a right winger.

Well we played 4231 under Benitez plenty of times...this is what it seemed Benitez favoured:

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Doucoure Allan
Townsend Richarlison Gray
DCL
Its not really a 'diamond' on paper but that front 4, as im saying would have Gordon/Dobbin to rotate into. Richarlison has been playing in the '10' position as a support striker.

I like Neres but glad hes gone elsewhere due to his injuries. The one to buy at Ajax is Antony who would start ahead of Townsend for us...we definitely need a right winger in the top bracket.

I note your point about Allan and Doucoure. Im a big fan of both (before they joined us)

Neither of them are defensive midfielders so we need one of them (Allan) replaced as well.

So we need a right winger and a defensive midfielfer and clearly we need Mina, Keane and Holgate sold and a top centre back signed.

Then with those 3 signings we would have a class first 11 on paper.

No El Ghazi or Longstaffs though.

Looks like we might not have ditched the DOF experiment for good just yet

Is that the guy who’s been buying the likes of Luuk De Jong, Ousmane Dembele and Martin Braithwaite?

He's signed some fantastic young players. Could be a good move.

Now Digne's gone...need to move on:

Mina
Keane
Holgate
Gomes
Iwobi
Davies
Allan
Gbamin

Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny out of contract in the summer

Townsend, Coleman, Rondon out when their contracts expire.

We absolutely must overhaul the squad now.

Now Digne's gone...need to move on:

Mina
Keane
Holgate
Gomes
Iwobi
Davies
Allan
Gbamin

Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny out of contract in the summer

Townsend, Coleman, Rondon out when their contracts expire.

We absolutely must overhaul the squad now.
Yeah think the cb will depend on holgate getting sold, do agree we need an massive overhaul on this squad i cant wait to see the back of many here been let down by this set of players far to much. I just hope thhe club have got el gazi becuase they want to spend big on a quality cm

But you think, with dinge gone. Add to the 4 out of contracts going in the summer. Saves us 30mil. Then we could sell a few other players, Mina, Holgate, Gomes iwobi. Then the year after Allan, Coleman, Townsend. Doucoure( I expect him to get a new deal) out of contract. Kean maybe gone to juve.

Probably a very good chance Richarlison will have. So the club will alway find away to save money that pays for the new players, we’re paying for over 4/5 years
Selling players is a key part of sustainability. Unfortunately we've not been very good at it. New DoF?

Didn't the twitter ITK brigade say we have already gone in with a second offer of 3 million, Friday last week, or was that a nightmare!

What a time to be alive
that was our attention seeker @Theoneandonly saying that so dont take any notice lol.

but it is obvious Longstaff might be coming once Newcastle bring in more players and Longstaff doesnt renew his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.