Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe achieved in season 1

He got 3 months the following season for form equally as bad as this kopite ball bag is producing now.

Koeman out performed him in his first season. “Fact “ as the kopite ball bag would say.

He achieved Europe with a squad that was good enough to get European football, which yeah I'll give you is something that is a given. But then he spent £150m the following year and we were miles worse afterwards, as soon as he got his grubby little mits on the squad we were awful.

Benitez is potentially going the same way as him in terms of gutting a promising squad. But I feel the promise is less than what Koeman had, and he hasn't had money to spend until now.

Basically I don't think we should give any credit to Koeman.

He achieved Europe with a squad that was good enough to get European football, which yeah I'll give you is something that is a given. But then he spent £150m the following year and we were miles worse afterwards, as soon as he got his grubby little mits on the squad we were awful.

Benitez is potentially going the same way as him in terms of gutting a promising squad. But I feel the promise is less than what Koeman had, and he hasn't had money to spend until now.

Basically I don't think we should give any credit to Koeman.
Outside of DCL, Richy, Gray and possibly Gordon I don’t see too much promise in this squad. Top 10 at a push.

Koeman did untold damage but there has been plenty of time and opportunity to repair that. Just been one disaster after another really.

Outside of DCL, Richy, Gray and possibly Gordon I don’t see too much promise in this squad. Top 10 at a push.

Koeman did untold damage but there has been plenty of time and opportunity to repair that. Just been one disaster after another really.

I agree. I think the squad Koeman inherited had more promise with stones, Lukaku and Barkley (at the time he was great, I'll admit he's a snake and he's flopped at chelsea and I wouldn't want him back) having more than Richy, DCL and Gray have now.

Plus the promise was more evenly spread across the entire team with those players.

I don't know why I'm getting baited into talking about Koeman. I saw some praise for him and I can't let it slide. The man is a tool.

C'mon Everton give us something we need or to get excited about.
9giqSCC.jpg

I hope we grab a centre back and central midfielder.

At centre back, I like the look of Marcos Sensei of Feyenoord:
  • 24 years old
  • 18 months on his contract
  • Left footed
  • £15-20m

For the midfield we need energy, pace and strength in the middle of the park basically an all-rounder.

Look no further than Brennan Johnson at Forest:
  • 20 years old
  • 18 months on his contract
  • Attacking midfielder
  • Good Goals and Assists per game
  • £12-15m

Where we get that money for these two is another matter but Digne going for £25m in the kitty (believed only part payment down for Patterson and Mykolenko) plus big wages off the wage bill.

If we can shift a few out like Holgate, Tosun, Delph, Mina or Allan, we should be moving fast for these two

Status
Not open for further replies.