Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last of the dregs hopefully out over the next couple of windows:

Tosun, Siggurdson, Davies, Kenny, Coleman Delph hopefully all out the door.

I wish Keane would go as well but some divvy game him a new 5 year deal. If we extend any of the above though I’ll be absolutely furious with Brands.

I wish Keane would go as well but some divvy game him a new 5 year deal. If we extend any of the above though I’ll be absolutely furious with Brands.
Needs must sometimes but given the list of players you provided it would make no sense to extend contracts

Needs must sometimes but given the list of players you provided it would make no sense to extend contracts

You would think so but after extending Michael Keane’s contract I’ve got no faith in the football operation at Everton. The only thing I could possibly accept there is that it was some accounting method to improve the FFP situation but surely no one at Everton seriously thought his form for us deserved a new contract.

Exactly what I thought ! Proper cheeky that ! Though , if there was cash involved and Ramsey part of the deal, I could probably see it happening
If they insist on Ramsey being part of the deal then I'd ask for more cash. He's done, and doesn't fit in to our current tactical approach or financial situation. He's on £400k per WEEK ffs - we've only just managed to avoid being skewered by the fiscal rules, why would we deliberately castrate the club in this way?

You would think so but after extending Michael Keane’s contract I’ve got no faith in the football operation at Everton. The only thing I could possibly accept there is that it was some accounting method to improve the FFP situation but surely no one at Everton seriously thought his form for us deserved a new contract.
He's first choice for us. Why would we want him to leave for free?

If they insist on Ramsey being part of the deal then I'd ask for more cash. He's done, and doesn't fit in to our current tactical approach or financial situation. He's on £400k per WEEK ffs - we've only just managed to avoid being skewered by the fiscal rules, why would we deliberately castrate the club in this way?
He won’t be moving anywhere and continue picking up those wages. If anything with his age and contract duration it would be a buying out of the contract. He’ll still trouser the full value of his Juve contract but his next / new contract would be on vastly reduced $ per week.
Think that ultimately what we did to get James only we also like upped his Madrid wages as well.
It’s the other part of the Bosman ruling for players over 28 that doesn’t get quite the same coverage.

The way I see it, gonna need a minimum of 6 players in. LB, CB, RB, CM, LW/RW and a CF. If not the Jan window then during summer. Will probably need more as cover. This will be the first stage in building a winning team.

….watching Patterson in the fiery atmosphere of a Scottish international. The young man is very composed in possession with real quality that enables him to ’join in’ passing moves with teammates,

Decent size & athleticism, the defensive side of his game seems to need more work than what he does on the ball.
Yeah is something to work on with him, would help townsend infront of him aswell

I think to describe Coleman and even Davies as 'dregs' is nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.