Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think we get to a point where someone may need to be sacrificed to allow for a spending spree. The 1st 2 years big spend were partially allowed because of the sales of Stones/Lukaku. It makes sense to make that move.

DCL fits what Benitez wants to a tee, so I do agree with that.
That's the thing though mate, do we need to fund another 100-150m spending spree, or do we need to just try add every window several players to improve the team and who fit with how we play?

That's the thing though mate, do we need to fund another 100-150m spending spree, or do we need to just try add every window several players to improve the team and who fit with how we play?

Well I'm not sure we need a spending spree, but having £100m+ to invest would be very nice. Look at the players we have added over the last 2 years for under that, and imagine doing it again. Another Godfrey, Townsend, Gray, Doucoure, Allan etc in the right positions and I think we can push towards the top 4.

Richarlison is a player that will probably leave for PSG. I think he probably agreed to stay for one more season but then will leave.
Mina will be heading into the final year of his contract and will be leaving or signing a new contract at the end of this season.
Sigurdsson and Tosun will be out of contract next summer as well.

I think we may have more money to spend and freedom to spend it in the January and summer windows.

If you add the wage savings from Sigurdsson and Tosun to all the others then I would guess our wages have dropped by about 50m.

Well I'm not sure we need a spending spree, but having £100m+ to invest would be very nice. Look at the players we have added over the last 2 years for under that, and imagine doing it again. Another Godfrey, Townsend, Gray, Doucoure, Allan etc in the right positions and I think we can push towards the top 4.

I agree. If we add a young right back. A replacement for Allan if he goes (VDB) potentially a replacement for Richarlison. I think we will be fine.

Be less will be 20 mill at a push likely tosun to sit out his deal or the club to pay him out, same with kenny club finding it hard to move on both likely to move on a free and see deals out here similar to besic
Just them Leaving next summer along with siggurdsson and delph. Saves the club over 30mil

I agree. If we add a young right back. A replacement for Allan if he goes (VDB) potentially a replacement for Richarlison. I think we will be fine.
Where’s Allan going. And if we sell Richarlison then I think we will be looking for more than a replacement. Selling him probably allows to buy 3 players of similar value.

Or there’s no point in selling him

Exactly what I thought ! Proper cheeky that ! Though , if there was cash involved and Ramsey part of the deal, I could probably see it happening
Im not sure totally different players, Ramsey plays in a similar position to Doucoure. And is on a huge wage 400k a week apparently . And constantly injured. At 31 I can’t see many clubs taking a chance in him. Unless it’s for low wages, maybe a pay as you play deal.

Im not sure totally different players, Ramsey plays in a similar position to Doucoure. And is on a huge wage 400k a week apparently . And constantly injured. At 31 I can’t see many clubs taking a chance in him. Unless it’s for low wages, maybe a pay as you play deal.
Good player but as you say, constantly injured and would want a big pay check. We need to swerve any potential deal regarding Ramsey , let him go to the Toons

Status
Not open for further replies.