Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be happy paying £20m less than whatever we get if we sell Richy.. tho we all know Leeds will bend us over knowing we've got the dough

I'd rather we looked at the scouting data to bring in two of the next Richarlisons that are out their for half the money we sell him for.

Then sell both of them on in 3 years and do the same. So we can actually start making money on players and have a production line which will help us climb up the league and bring cash into the club while establishing us as a club top young talents can come, play football, develop and move onto a champions league club until we are a champions league club.

I think we have to address the Mina situation.

We can keep Mina but 18 months on his contract, his constant muscle injuries and a huge wage so we have some options:

1) Keep him, hopefully we keep him fit and he signs a new deal.

2) Look to sell in January or the Summer.

I think we need to choose option 2 and get them in ASAP:

We looked at Stoke's Harry Souttar but his injury has ruled him out but the perfect solution is Sven Botman at Lille.

21 years old, left footed and if we have any ambition we should be all over this. He would be a £30-40m signing which could be most of our budget but this lad is perfect for us.

I'd rather we looked at the scouting data to bring in two of the next Richarlisons that are out their for half the money we sell him for.

Then sell both of them on in 3 years and do the same. So we can actually start making money on players and have a production line which will help us climb up the league and bring cash into the club while establishing us as a club top young talents can come, play football, develop and move onto a champions league club until we are a champions league club.
Yes, sounds great, but im sure every man and his dog are trying to do the same thing.
There arent too many sides that have a model like that that are also trying to win trophies.
Dortmund, Ajax, Benfica, Sporting etc are the exception but they all have near guaranteed CL football each year and can bring through young talent, showcase them on that stage then sell on to the rich clubs.
No young player (or his agent) in world football will choose midtable mediocrity, albeit with a decent salary, over playing regularly for teams winning titles in lower leagues (with a better climate especially if south american players)
I get what youre saying, but i dont get how we think we can get to that point.
Somewhere in between would def be a start though.

linked with this lad, contract runs out at the end of the season.

He doesn’t seem to have kicked on. Bits I watched this season, he seemed to playing as a CB in a back 3. He didn’t start a game for Switzerland at the euros, until the Q/final, probably because Xhaka was missing surely he’d be one of their top men if he was any good

We can keep Mina but 18 months on his contract, his constant muscle injuries and a huge wage so we have some options:

We looked at Stoke's Harry Souttar but his injury has ruled him out but the perfect solution is Sven Botman at Lille.

21 years old, left footed and if we have any ambition we should be all over this. He would be a £30-40m signing which could be most of our budget but this lad is perfect for us.

I like the look of Botman

Problem is Mina is a 40mil CB on his day. No club will give us much for him in January or next summer. I’d be tempted to give him a new deal. And hope he gets over his injuries. He’s still only 27. So has plenty of time

Schlotterbeck at Freiburg ? also 21 and left footed but would probably be about half the price

I'd sell Mina too, best CB at the club but makes sense to cash in now; given his injury record and contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.