Everton. I hate you. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has everyone seemingly forgotten that we also have an FA Cup?
1*LimQJxB4x8VJsFBtS2Vj8A.jpeg

So Everton so far this season

Ings ex red scores against us twice

Vlasic slots a winner against Madrid

Yarmalenko on his debut slots 2 past us

We sign 2 players from Barca who have still to kick a ball in anger due to long term injuries

Our neighbours are still unbeaten in the league and actually on a different level to us now and pulling further away.

All sounding familiar?

Was Goodison built on an old Red Indian burial ground or something?

A 20-goal a season striker makes a massive difference to most teams. Really hard to find one though. Even in the Top 6, there is Chelsea who probably need a 20-goal a season man to add to their squad. Though Giroud and Morata definitely have the potential to get those sort of totals.

Outside the Top 6 I think there are only a handful of strikers who can remotely aim of 20 goals a season (Vardy, Mitrovic, Arnuatovic, Ings, Richarlison, potentially Benteke if he ever hits form again). I'd be amazed if more than 1 of players got to 20 league goals this season. Maybe 2 may get to get 20 goals over all comps.

It's much, much easier said than done to get a 20 goal a striker in. Makes a huge difference and it's why you'll see the likes of Danny Ings going for 20M despite not playing for 3 seasons. A 20 goal a season man is as rare as rocking horsesh*t but teams like RS, Spurs, Arsenal and Citeh have multiple players who can realistically hit that target. Shows the difference in quality between them and anyone outside of that Top 6 bubble.

Getting one in to supplement Richardson, Siggurdsson and Walcott would make a massive difference. Needs a huge slice of luck and/or a massive chunk of money to get those sort of players in though. It's why Lukaku should have been valued more highly. Getting 20 goals a season for a team outside the Top6 is a really difficult ask.

So Everton so far this season

Ings ex red scores against us twice

Vlasic slots a winner against Madrid

Yarmalenko on his debut slots 2 past us

We sign 2 players from Barca who have still to kick a ball in anger due to long term injuries

Our neighbours are still unbeaten in the league and actually on a different level to us now and pulling further away.

All sounding familiar?

Was Goodison built on an old Red Indian burial ground or something?

Don't think comparing ourselves to that lot across Stanley Park is helpful at all. They might be our neighbours but in footballing terms they are on a different planet at the moment. The aim should be to achieve those level but comparing against them at this stage is a futile experience and what that harms the new regime only 2-3 months in.

Moaning about bad luck and burial grounds is a bit of dark humour. But there are too many fans who believe this is all down to bad luck or some deal the RS have signed with the devil.

It isn't. The finances weren't available for a while to compete. One arm tied behind the back type of situation for a long time. One that Moyes did well in for a period of time. Since money has been available the decision making has been poor throughout the club. From manager choices with opposing playing styles, to appointment of Director's of Football above their station (Walsh) to poor acquisitions of playing staff. It's a composite of poor decisions at boardroom and manager level that has resulted in a a mish mash of a playing squad that needs renovation before they can even start playing the style of football the manager wants to play.

The thing is with Marco Silva the slate should be wiped clean. He should be given time to figure out this mess and allow the club to follow a certain strategy for years to come. Comparing ourselves to other clubs, no matter how much we may hate them, does us no favours since the comparisons will always come off negative. If we want to look at them it should be for clues to success. They built a transfer strategy and style of play that has stayed in place for 2 managers - Rodgers and Klopp. It meant that went Rodgers was sacked they didn't need an overhaul of the playing staff to get a tune out of the current squad. It meant the scouting and transfer committee didn't need to do a u-turn on the groundwork on new targets to fit a completely different style of play. There was already the infrastructure in place. Compare that to us. Chalk and cheese.

It's on the backdrop of this that Silva should be allowed time and patience to turn things around. More than a handful of games and 1 transfer window for definite. He won't get 100% of things correct and ultimately he might fail. But we should get behind him and players. What's the other option fume at the match and then compare us unfavourably to them lot.

I really hate them at the moment, fans piss me off as well , turn, turn wish we had terraces back so you could get away from them, to many moaning quilts at goodison these days, feel sorry for the younger lads having never know anything different.

Sacking it off altogether next season me, and it actually has nothing to do with the footy. I’m not sitting in that place surrounded by such miserable angsty wastes of space anymore.

The Everton Ode

Near, is yet another winter of our discontent...
Season of dashed ambition and foundered hope
Despair! all ye who enter here

Status
Not open for further replies.