Everton fans V Manchester United fans.. penalty shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 hand balls and the last one I can see being given to other teams. But the others no one else in the league is getting any of them! Some serious coaching going on to dive successfully for them.

To be fair even pace-goal Salah gets foaled in the box every game more than that!

Some guy on YouTube has made a video of all United's penalties. 14 premiership penalties in total.
I was talking about it with a United fan, I was of the opinion that most are very soft and alot shouldn't be given.
He's of the opinion that all are good calls apart from 1 (the one against Villa).
So I've developed a theory, we as Everton fans will say these are soft and shouldn't be given because we've become used to not being given them, where as United fans say it's a penalty because they are used to being given them. Here's the link to the video.. are most of these soft or am I wrong?

should put up a video of all the ones we should of been awarded here.

the question is though do our players not hound the ref enough for this? or is it just the bigger clubs get the decisions go their way all the time

Some guy on YouTube has made a video of all United's penalties. 14 premiership penalties in total.
I was talking about it with a United fan, I was of the opinion that most are very soft and alot shouldn't be given.
He's of the opinion that all are good calls apart from 1 (the one against Villa).
So I've developed a theory, we as Everton fans will say these are soft and shouldn't be given because we've become used to not being given them, where as United fans say it's a penalty because they are used to being given them. Here's the link to the video.. are most of these soft or am I wrong?

I remember when we signed Phil Neville from Man United in 2005; in the first half of that season he was booked about ten times and sent off once. At Man U he was seldom cautioned. He said that he hadn't changed his tackling style at all, but that things which he got away with at Man U resulted in fouls being awarded against him at Everton.

I remember when we signed Phil Neville from Man United in 2005; in the first half of that season he was booked about ten times and sent off once. At Man U he was seldom cautioned. He said that he hadn't changed his tackling style at all, but that things which he got away with at Man U resulted in fouls being awarded against him at Everton.
Rooney went the other way and couldn't buy a yellow card.

Was a bit bored, so looked at our penalty award numbers over last 20 years.

We average 4 or 5 per season, have had the most penalties in the league once in 00/01, and had the least twice 07/08 & 19/20 with the average position being 10th.

2ACBBA16-4295-4F0B-B95C-5B0A5D19A106.jpeg

Whats a penalty I’m unfamiliar with this set piece!?

I wonder how many teams would score if pens were changed to the 90’s American penalties. Would be more interesting

Stone wall pens we didn't get. off the top of my head.

Gylfi v utd,
Richy vs Brighton,
Dele Ali handball,
Richy v spurs same game
DCL v RS,
Theo Pull back

Status
Not open for further replies.