Everton fans V Manchester United fans.. penalty shouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the stats on how many pens we've had season on season. We only had 1 this season, a few years back we only got our first on the last day of the season.

We get totally shafted, there is no doubt, the clear pen v brighton when walcott stayed on his feet was disgusting, refs are just so thick. I think about 3/4rs of pens these days are wrong.

Some guy on YouTube has made a video of all United's penalties. 14 premiership penalties in total.
I was talking about it with a United fan, I was of the opinion that most are very soft and alot shouldn't be given.
He's of the opinion that all are good calls apart from 1 (the one against Villa).
So I've developed a theory, we as Everton fans will say these are soft and shouldn't be given because we've become used to not being given them, where as United fans say it's a penalty because they are used to being given them. Here's the link to the video.. are most of these soft or am I wrong?

without looking I know you are right

It's the absolute stone wall penalty shouts we've had waved away against the Rs for as long as I can remember that will always rankle with me. Including a good shout we had in the 86 cup final. Its beggars belief at times.

A few dodgy ones there before I lost interest (in having to watch replays of a pen kick ffs).

But as has been said- no way we'd have been given any of those.

In the game against United when Gilfi was judged to be offside, he was in that position because he was mowed down by wan basaka seconds before.. A much more obvious penalty than any of the ones in the video.

That was never even mentioned when 'experts' were looking at the disallowed goal.

In the game against United when Gilfi was judged to be offside, he was in that position because he was mowed down by wan basaka seconds before.. A much more obvious penalty than any of the ones in the video.

This was never mentioned in the analysis and it was such a stonewaller.

Also the one brighton got against us was never ever a pen, cost us the game

That was never even mentioned when 'experts' were looking at the disallowed goal.
This was never mentioned in the analysis and it was such a stonewaller.

Also the one brighton got against us was never ever a pen, cost us the game
I've seen it said loads of times that Gilfi got the shot away before the tackle so it's not a penalty... as if that's a legitimate reason to allow late tackles.. a penalty is described as a direct free kick offence that is inside the box. Late tackle is a direct free kick anywhere else on the field.

I've seen it said loads of times that Gilfi got the shot away before the tackle so it's not a penalty... as if that's a legitimate reason to allow late tackles.. a penalty is described as a direct free kick offence that is inside the box. Late tackle is a direct free kick anywhere else on the field.

I remember gerrard got one at Sheff utd after he shot and dived for what the ref said was “intent to foul”

Literally no contact
Unbelievable

The point that stands out is United were awarded fourteen penalties in one season, how many have we in the last five years.

The tea with most penalties since the premier league has started is Liverpool, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the big six clubs are high up in the penalty award stakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.