• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me fickle, call me odd, but don't dare say I don't love my club. Don't dare chastise me for wanting the soulless, classless, inbred shower of sh1te we are unfortunate to share a city with to fall flat on their smug, over bearing, patronising faces as Everton, my Everton, roll over and allow their title rivals to waltz off into the sunset with the much needed three points.

fuk them, fuk their fans, fuk the redsh1te.

Call you spot on. Those Blues that went to watch them show off their first CL trophy at St George's Hall were taught an important lesson about life. Know your enemy. They've been trying to obliterate us since Bill Wankly first arrived.

Even if we win, they're losing on goal diff...

gerrard-trophy.gif

NEA

ummmmm would they not be 3 points ahead though??

Call you spot on. Those Blues that went to watch them show off their first CL trophy at St George's Hall were taught an important lesson about life. Know your enemy. They've been trying to obliterate us since Bill Wankly first arrived.

I was one of the gullible ones that fell for the 'good for the city' crap that night. Went along blue and red and had to watch whilst they rubbed our noses in it with their 'Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic'. And never again have I wanted them to win anything. Once bitten, twice shy.

The thing is, football fans regularly make concessions in terms of winning games for the sake of the greater good of their club.

If you play a league cup game a few days before a crucial league tie the vast majority of that teams supporters will want the manager to field a weakened side in the cup game to leave the strongest possible side competing in the league game, despite the fact that this inherently increases the chances of defeat in the cup game.

The only difference between that and the City match is the stakes and the natural conclusion of this mindset, that for the greater good of Everton a defeat at the hands of City simply makes more sense.

A Liverpool league title win would do huge damage to Everton as a force in the city and the league, and would give Liverpool the grounds to push on big time going into next season, it would give the media the excuse to big them up and talk about a return to power, and would increase their ability to attract big name players to the club.

If Liverpool winning the league had no effect on Everton's ability to compete then i imagine the feeling towards this fixture would be a lot different, i know my personal stance would be changed. As things stand though, a Liverpool title win would be awful not just for Everton fans, but for the club as a whole.

I love Everton and always will, but i know that a defeat on Saturday would almost certainly help us in the long run. I'll be cheering on Everton at Goodison on Saturday, and if we win i'll be incredibly proud of the players and staff for showing just how good we really are, but if we happen to lose i won't be distraught.

That is a very good point.

My dad and my elderly uncles always told me that when they were younger, it was quite common for people to go to Goodison one week and Anfield the next.

That all finished in the late 50s, early 60s apparently when things became more polarised.

Maybe it was the Shankly influence.

City lose v us, and the rs win against Palace, they're 6 ahead, or 4 ahead with a draw. Do keep up :p Why do you think people have been going on for about 50 pages about wanting us to lose?

Ah yes, s'what I get for assuming City win all their remaining games but being so ready for the RS to f this up that I assumed they'd still lose it even if we won...damn that positive thinking.

*sits in corner*

Status
Not open for further replies.