• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sunday was the game changer for a lot of us.

On Sunday morning we were resigned to it..had accepted the inevitable.

I even posted on here that I had begun the moving on process.

Then Gerard slipped...and suddenly salvation was at hand.

When Willian sealed it we felt like a brand new day was dawning.

I will now state categorically that whilst I won't root against the Blues on Saturday nor cheer if Citeh score, I shall have a little holiday in my heart if we lose and it stops the new dark age being ushered in.

And if we miss out on the EL?

Well, there worse things than EFC not being in the Europa League.

....yep.

And that shower being Champions is one of them.

i can see the radio phone ins if we lose, calling us bitter, at the end of the day they only needed a point versus a team that put 11 men behind the ball and time wasted and still managed to lose 2-0 lol. a very poorly managed performance from brenda the knobs

The Good Effort Cup.

Do we get praised by the media as being plucky and punching over our weight?

Can we take our place alongside southampton as a team sky television likes because they're good enough to win the odd 'big' game as underdogs but not actually good enough to unhorse the elite over a season?

Cos that's what I'm looking for out of Everton.

We might not actually achieve anything but as long as we have the figleaf of a few isolated results to make ourselves feel good and forget our overall trophyless mediocrity, it's a yay for me.

Do we get praised by the media as being plucky and punching over our weight?

Can we take our place alongside southampton as a team sky television likes because they're good enough to win the odd 'big' game as underdogs but not actually good enough to unhorse the elite over a season?

Cos that's what I'm looking for out of Everton.

We might not actually achieve anything but as long as we have the figleaf of a few isolated results to make ourselves feel good and forget our overall trophyless mediocrity, it's a yay for me.
I don't think you heard me when I said we get a trophy. Either that or you are being wilfully ignorant of the prestige and history surrounding the Good Effort Cup.

i can see the radio phone ins if we lose, calling us bitter, at the end of the day they only needed a point versus a team that put 11 men behind the ball and time wasted and still managed to lose 2-0 lol. a very poorly managed performance from brenda the knobs

They lost to Chelsea Reserves. What does that say about their claims to be the top team ?

For me I'm a bit disappointed this is one of the games I look forward to going the most So on saturday when I'm of the match with my two lads it's going to be a bit strange when I'm sitting there thinking we win and them lot win the league but I no what will probably happen is we will win it wouldnt surprise me at all but then I hope palace beat the rs and Chelsea steal it I would love to see what Mourinho says about redknapp and co if they won the league.

Still no concensus is there?

Other than no one in footie, not just us, want that lot to win the league.

Which is something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.