• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
COME ON EVERTON!Take some points from them,COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!;)Take a win and make all Liverpool fans around the world happy!!!I belive that your players will give 100% and will take some points!
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sory for my english,I guess I made some mistakes but nvm,WIN IT PLSSSSSSSSSS!

Tbh I think even if we try we will get beat by city a second string CBs, no Barry so we're looking at Osman or barkley in the middle and lukaku looks dead on his feet and our wingers will leave us exposed on the counter. It doesn't look good on paper. We'll smash them now 6-0 lol.

But still... come on city!!!

You just know Osman will actually have enough strength on the day to dominate the midfield for 90 minutes, Alcaraz will outrun Aguero at will and Deulofeu's 73 stepovers per second will dazzle Kompany and Zabaleta.

And then against Hull Osman will look like he's about to faint with every touch, Alcaraz will be slightly more mobile than a sloth as he stands and watches Jela score a hattrick, and Deulofeu will fail to beat whoever Hull's rubbish defenders are every single time.

Some pathetic posts in here, I hope we batter City.

I take it your not taking on board the full consequences of a Liverpool title win!?!?

Imagine just for a min 10 months of bragging, hearing how they are back!, talk of instanbul, 20yrs of domination to follow. A [Poor language removed] parade thru Liverpool with the trophy!.....etc etc

They are deluded and lack class a Liverpool title win will be a nightmare for every football fan. We must NOT allow it to happen!!

Made an account just to give my 2 cents here.

As an Arsenal fan, this is absolutely fascinating to me. Been reading the replies and after our victory last night it seems as if a LOT of you want City to win.

That's exactly what I was hoping to read, can't stand Liverpool and would rather anyone (except Sp*rs) win the league but them. Their fans are absolutely intolerable and the media bias towards them is disgusting really. Has been there for a long time. Every Merseyside derby I genuinely become an Everton fan, regardless of the League situation and how the result will affect us. Hate that lot.

I can't even imagine how conflicting your feelings will be on Saturday, will make for a fascinating atmosphere.

Well, good luck whatever happens, hope you do get in the Europa League - always liked your club, very classy.

I take it your not taking on board the full consequences of a Liverpool title win!?!?

Imagine just for a min 10 months of bragging, hearing how they are back!, talk of instanbul, 20yrs of domination to follow. A [Poor language removed] parade thru Liverpool with the trophy!.....etc etc

They are deluded and lack class a Liverpool title win will be a nightmare for every football fan. We must NOT allow it to happen!!
I'll go as far as saying id rather lose than draw but I want to win I don't want our own good seasons work to finish with 3 loses at least in last 5 games

Lads, earlier in this thread, I said I wanted a win: to keep our record against the "top 4" and to add to our points tally, but I'm coming to think this is a lot bigger than us. The entire football universe needs Man City to win. The s**** can't be allowed to win the league:

If only to make this lad miserable for one more year.

Lads, earlier in this thread, I said I wanted a win: to keep our record against the "top 4" and to add to our points tally, but I'm coming to think this is a lot bigger than us. The entire football universe needs Man City to win. The s**** can't be allowed to win the league:

If only to make this lad miserable for one more year.

Hahaha, fkn hell, in tears at "We did it in Athens, we can do it again"

It doesn't work like that.

'we must NOT allow it to happen'.

What exactly are you going to do? Have a word with Tim Howard? Sneak in to the dressing room with a Martinez mask on?

I fully understand the lads who want City to win. It makes sense.

But those of us who want Everton to win shouldn't be made to feel like nobheads for wanting an Everton win.

Last 3 games, we've lost to Palace at home, and Southampton away. Yet people still think a result at Hull is a given? Baffling....

We can't pick and choose what matches we turn up for. Results aren't even a given when we think we should 'turn up.'

This the aspect of the proposition that terrifies me. We have under-performed during several "Hull" type games this season, resulting in losses and draws which have left us where we are now. Most recently the Palace and Southampton games stick out - granted both are better teams than Hull, but we played like turbo gash in both and couldn't even manage to snatch a draw in either game. Go back to January and we have a 1-1 draw with WBA in which we gave a turgid second half display, and a 1-1 at Stoke where we only got the point due to Baines scoring a pen in injury time.

Sunderland at Goodison on Boxing Day ring any bells? 0-0 at Palace in November? How about Norwich, Cardiff and WBA in August? My point is, we are taking a risk if we bet everything on getting a result against Hull. What if we have a player sent off, like Howard v Sunderland? Or we score a freak own goal a la Southampton? By choosing to let City win, we are assuming the mantle of a club that "deserves" to win against a certain type of team ie Hull - and the season shows that we DON'T always beat those clubs.

A couple of results stand out, looking back at our season:

- Two points from six against WBA;
- One from six against Palace;
- One from six against Spurs;
- One from six against the RS.

Home wins against WBA and Palace should be automatic. Had we achieved them this season we'd be five points better off than we are.... but they AREN'T automatic, and nor is a favourable result against Hull.

If we want European competition, we need to do better in our home games against the teams who are directly competing with us for European spots.

If we roll over against City, we are putting EVERYTHING on a result against Hull, and tempting fate in the process. It worries me.

Having said that, I have immense sympathy for every bluenose who is facing the possible prospect of living in Liverpool with the RS as champions. Don't envy your position one little bit.

Is right mate. They're using this whole episode to patronise us without even trying, they're good at it. You've had plenty of it too on your own turf but at least you've had some splendid comeback of late.

I'd donate my firstborn to a Lost Prophets tribute act if it meant I got to see us score six at Anfield or even better - snatch the title out of their hands in the last seconds of a season.

Enjoy.

PS: we play 4-2-3-1 and struggle if the opposition defends compact. Watch out for our full backs and if we play Osman in midfield then tell your lads to give him absolutely no time on the ball. Our keeper Howard is sometimes not very good from long shots either.
This is terrible but I can't stop laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.