• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a strange one for me. Supporting since 1983 and this is the first time I need for my sanity us to lose. To make matters worse I'm flying in for the match, 2 nites accom and drink money. Why are you doing this to me everton. Pissing me off you are now

I think you'll find you're pissing yourself off.

100% City win wanted for me now. People wondering if we'd celebrate a City goal? You haven't been to Goodison a lot methinks if you think that's even a possibility. Simply won't happen. All you will see is a muted atmosphere of "oh well" at worst.

An Evertonian will never celebrate an opposition goal at Goodison Park.

If we do begrudgingly get pts of city, I would rather 3 than 1 as 5th is in the bag. 1pt would be double annoying as it hands them the title and we could still finish 6th.

100% City win wanted for me now. People wondering if we'd celebrate a City goal? You haven't been to Goodison a lot methinks if you think that's even a possibility. Simply won't happen. All you will see is a muted atmosphere of "oh well" at worst.

An Evertonian will never celebrate an opposition goal at Goodison Park.

I wonder what the players and Martinez will make of a muted celebration of a dramatic last-minute winner vs Man City...

I wonder what the players and Martinez will make of a muted celebration of a dramatic last-minute winner vs Man City...

They're not simpletons, they'll understand the circumstances, and even the most closeted of Everton players will fully appreciate the atmosphere, if indeed there is one. In fact, in that scenario, Goodison would erupt in celebration.

I'm 99% sure every Evertonian in the ground will want a win for that 90 minutes on the pitch. The only issue in question here is whether if we came out of that game with a loss, would it hurt as much as usual. For me, that's an outright "no" and I suspect it's the case for most. But to even think for a second that anyone in that ground during that game will actively want Everton not to score at any point is fanciful.

Maybe we should go to where all the Everton players are staying on Friday night and pull a Formby Hall stunt to keep them all awake.

#KopiteBehaviour.

The only issue in question here is whether if we came out of that game with a loss, would it hurt as much as usual. For me, that's an outright "no" and I suspect it's the case for most.

That's not the debate. A loss to Man City would hurt the least out of any other league loss over the last many years (in light of the Arse securing 4th), simply as it derails the RS title bid significantly.

If the poll was:

Would losing to Man City hurt as much as losing any other league game?

a) yes
b) no, it would hurt less as I don't want Liverpool winning the league
c) no, it would hurt more. Merseyside United FTW!
d) John Hurt on Toast

90% of us would vote b), myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.