Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news coming out of Belgium is €28m (Euros) which is around £23.8m. Basically the buy-out clause that United could have triggered last month if they hadn't tried to get him on the cheap. We should have refused to sell for a penny less than £25m in the circumstances.

Where are you getting this from?

Cheers lids. Seems a bit wishy washy to me; like they're just going on the release fee figure and gambling that it's right.

Not only that, doesn't seem the biggest news agency in the world, seems odd that they're the only ones reporting that figure.

We'll see. I think he's gone but that the figure will be £28m including addons.

When we actually signed Fellaini it came out of Belgium first...SSN and the BBC missed it completely and didn't pick it up until the following day if I remember correctly.

Cue the sad gifs.

MFW+Break+s+over+and+i+have+homework.+Sad+but+true_fe7e81_4341859.gif

If it is just the release clause amount it really angers me. To start with, united could have done this weeks ago without destabilising our start to the season (though I'm sure that's not something our former manager is too disappointed about).

Secondly, the noises coming out of the club were anyone would have to pay big once the clause expired. They haven't. That tells me that either a) fellaini really wanted to go and we're doing right by the player as Moyes suggested. in which case that's essentially a transfer request, but not so he still gets this ridiculous 'loyalty bonus' taking away from our transfer funds further.

Or b) all this talk of 'we don't need to sell' is utter rubbish, as these are not the actions of a club who do not need to sell.

This shouldn't have dragged on to now, it's been talked about all summer and its happening on deadline day. We've known he was going the whole time, yet here we are as usual.

If it is just the release clause amount it really angers me. To start with, united could have done this weeks ago without destabilising our start to the season (though I'm sure that's not something our former manager is too disappointed about).

Secondly, the noises coming out of the club were anyone would have to pay big once the clause expired. They haven't. That tells me that either a) fellaini really wanted to go and we're doing right by the player as Moyes suggested. in which case that's essentially a transfer request, but not so he still gets this ridiculous 'loyalty bonus' taking away from our transfer funds further.

Or b) all this talk of 'we don't need to sell' is utter rubbish, as these are not the actions of a club who do not need to sell.

This shouldn't have dragged on to now, it's been talked about all summer and its happening on deadline day. We've known he was going the whole time, yet here we are as usual.

Yeep.

I'm waiting to see the official fee before I fume. A competent board would be taking £28m+ from this deal, solely because of how badly United have screwed up their transfer window business. We should have them over a barrel here.

Yeep.

I'm waiting to see the official fee before I fume. A competent board would be taking £28m+ from this deal, solely because of how badly United have screwed up their transfer window business. We should have them over a barrel here.

The RS turning them right over later piles on even more pressure for signings !

I want Liverpool to batter them. Normally I wouldn't, but as we clearly aren't going to be competing with Liverpool for anything this season I want them to destroy united just this once.

Can't actually go as far as wanting the RS to win but for the first time ever I wouldn't be miffed about them getting a last minute spawny victory.

(see Moyes that's what you've brought Evertonians to you fkn gobshte)

Gutted to see the big fella go,had there been more interested parties than utd then we could have set our price a lot higher. Alas not.
So we are left with utd, Fellaini wants to go there, utd are the only club in for him.
The reason I think the club never sold him for the release clause price was they were waiting for other clubs to come in for him,triggering a bidding war.
Had he been sold for his release clause then without question there would have been uproar on here,amid claims of Fellaini being worth tens of millions more.

Last edited:
Yeep.

It's a lose lose situation for both parties re the fee. We know that he's essentially our best player and a fee of anything less than above the buyout clause at this stage would be a failure, while Man Utd know there fans don't really want him/have other targets they rate higher and will be loathe to pay the value of the clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.