Everton Chase Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe not in league play, but look at his european scoring record.

Man U 11 matches, 2 goals (europe 2 matches, 1 goal)

Barcelona 54 matches, 15 goals (europe 14 matches, 2 goals)

You have to go back to his time in Celtic to get his good results in europe and he left there in 2004. (49 matches, 34 goals in europe)

So his recent goalscoring record is not good at all.

edit:

Forgot his scoring for Helsingborg last season (europe 11 matches, 9 goals) Very good, but most against very mediocre teams.

Man U 11 matches, 2 goals (europe 2 matches, 1 goal)

Barcelona 54 matches, 15 goals (europe 14 matches, 2 goals)

You have to go back to his time in Celtic to get his good results in europe and he left there in 2004. (49 matches, 34 goals in europe)

So his recent goalscoring record is not good at all.

edit:

Forgot his scoring for Helsingborg last season (europe 11 matches, 9 goals) Very good, but most against very mediocre teams.

I would look at his assists if i was you, might be worth looking at his medal haul too!

I would look at his assists if i was you, might be worth looking at his medal haul too!

Look at this boys medals and hes only 4 years older, im sure we could get him for £500,000.

Paolo Maldini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or

Pavel Nedv?d - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or even

Christian Vieri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You see where im going here right?

Im not denying that larsson was class, but im afraid the use of the word was should be noted. I would honestly rather we played The yak, Saha, Obinna, Vic, Vaughan or Baxter before him.

Look at this boys medals and hes only 4 years older, im sure we could get him for £500,000.

Paolo Maldini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or

Pavel Nedv?d - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or even

Christian Vieri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You see where im going here right?

Im not denying that larsson was class, but im afraid the use of the word was should be noted. I would honestly rather we played The yak, Saha, Obinna, Vic, Vaughan or Baxter before him.

Im not going to agree with you on this mate, i watced him at the Euros and he still a class act, i wouldnt nessecarily see him as a strater more as an impact substitution. I would even look at playing him in the whole in the Cahill role as cover.

He is the epitomy of dont play harder play smarter. He is one of the most intellgent players i have ever seen, i dont need to talk him up just watch.

Quality is Ageless!lol

No it isn't. Not when we are looking to build a team that will still be together in 5 years time. Not when we are now scrapping for whoever we can find to play.

Half expecting a classified ad in next week's Birkenhead News.

Why go looking at his medal haul? All his laurals are from years ago! If you go on old skills well.. I think Maradona is a free agent, Zidane too. And they have much better medal hauls.

I also watched him in the Euros, and I've seen games in the local league as well.. and he doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.. he gets the fame due to his name.. much like the name "Man United" or "Chelsea" give more press and more polite referees.

He didn't show much in the WC in Germany 06 either. He is on the decline, and I don't want Everton to be turned into a Bolton (under Big Sam's regime) that signs up oldies and hope to get something out of them. We tried it with Gazza and Ginola, why go down that road again?

Im not going to agree with you on this mate, i watced him at the Euros and he still a class act, i wouldnt nessecarily see him as a strater more as an impact substitution. I would even look at playing him in the whole in the Cahill role as cover.

He is the epitomy of dont play harder play smarter. He is one of the most intellgent players i have ever seen, i dont need to talk him up just watch.

He may well have been class, but he had lost his pace and his fitness over 90 minutes.

Larson Would Be A Good 1 Like, But We'll Probably Only get One Season Of Him

I remember the [Poor language removed] signing 35 year old Gary McAllister, worked wonders for them. He gave them belief, leadership and vital experience. They won 5 trophies that season if I remember correctly.

Larsson is still a good player and at the moment we only have four strikers on our books, two are very injury prone. Larsson is rarely injured so he'd always be there as backup and he's a player that doesn't mind being used sparingly.

I'd definatly take him, we should have 5 strikers on our books.

just recently i have been getting flashbacks to the walter smith era

players bought from man utd who are always injured I.E blomquist

world class (or once was) players that are coming to the end of there career I.E ginola and gazza

and signing nomark players

how on earth did we get back in this situation :(

just recently i have been getting flashbacks to the walter smith era

players bought from man utd who are always injured I.E blomquist

world class (or once was) players that are coming to the end of there career I.E ginola and gazza

and signing nomark players

how on earth did we get back in this situation :(

Said that last week, its going back to the Smith era, signing complete no marks.
Were turning into Boro

Former Celtic great Henrik Larsson has claimed he is ready to disappoint a number of English suitors and stay at Helsingborgs this season.
The 36-year-old has been made available for transfer and it has been reported that clubs such as West Ham, Everton and Tottenham are all weighing up a move for the striker.
Larsson scored three goals during a loan spell with Manchester United in the 2006-2007 season but appears ready to turn his back on a possible return to The Premier League.
“I will not go anywhere,” Larsson told Helsingborgs Dabgblad. “It has never been my intention.”
However, Larsson’s agent Rob Jansen is not definitely ruling out a move to England before Monday’s transfer deadline, stating: “He feels that he can still do a good job in The Premier League.”
Larsson scored 173 goals in 221 SPL appearances for Celtic and has also been linked with a return to former club Feyenoord.

Ahwell..another one bites teh dust....

Status
Not open for further replies.