Everton Chase Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon getting Larsson in for a season would be good for "the team" but I wouldn't expect much on the pitch, especially at his age.

Not seen him since his brief stint at Man U, but his legs must be going by now.

I'm worried he might be another Gravesen (2nd visit).

Honestly, that last bit was the same thing I was thinking. Just got a feeling that it's a bit of a desperation move, same as last season, when we were waiting for Riquelme and whoever, and Gravesen came back on loan and didn't even play.

I like Larsson, he's a player of undoubted quality, even now, but he doesn't have the pace he once did, 7 years ago this would have been an unbelievable signing, but I thought the days were gone where it was Graveyard Goodison.

Gravesen's on a free now btw, maybe we'll move for him as well...

Age doesnt come into it for me, hes a Sheringham type of player his prowess is and skill is in his mind and his vision rather then in his physical ability, he is quality.

Lets face it he has one Champion Leauges!

Age doesnt come into it for me, hes a Sheringham type of player his prowess is and skill is in his mind and his vision rather then in his physical ability, he is quality.

Lets face it he has one Champion Leauges!

So? Gazza played in Seria A and was mustard, as was Ginola. Doesn't mean they can still cut it.

Signing Larsson would signal the intent of the club, a far cry from what they were signalling at the end of the season. Kirkby not a factor? My arse!

The thing is though, those players relied very much on their pysicality in their game Henrick does not, hes still cutting the mustard in top international tournaments and proving the best player on the pitch.

He won the CL for Barca, countless titles for Cetlic, played in the Uefa Cup final and arguebly tipped the balance in favour of Utd regaining the prem. I would write him of at your peril!

I think hel be in the PL next season and think he will prove you wrong, however if what i hear is true, it will be at West Ham and Spurs rather then Goodison unfortunately.

Last edited:
The thing is though, those players relied very much on their pysicality in their game Henrick does not, hes still cutting the mustard in top international tournaments and proving the best player on the pitch.

He won the CL for Barca, countless titles for Cetlic, played in the Uefa Cup final and arguebly tipped the balance in favour of Utd regaining the prem. I would write him of at your peril!

I think hel be in the PL next season and think he will prove you wrong, however if what i hear is true, it will be at West Ham and Spurs rather then Goodison unfortunately.

Eh.. he's not standing out in the Swedish national league and the rest of his achievements is old history.

Don't want 36 year old strikers at the club - I prefer to see the club move on, this would be a stop gap.

Eh.. he's not standing out in the Swedish national league and the rest of his achievements is old history.

maybe not in league play, but look at his european scoring record

i think the benefit to the team will come more in the form of leadership then physical ability or anything like that.

Exclusive: Everton make £500,000 bid for Henrik Larsson - mirror.co.uk

none the less, apparently we bid 500,000 pounds for him, which in my opinion is an insult. sure he's ancient, but for christ sake he's one of the best players of his day. hopefully we wise up and increase the bid, i think something like 2 mil would be more fair.

also if he ends his career here and he likes it, he may consider managing here, i'd love to see it.

Moyes said on the Everton site that we lacked quality in the first 3 games and he's going to see if theres anyone still out there to bring in. Well he better get a move on or we're looking at january. Good midfielders Moyesy not another striker, we need to toughen up in the middle. Problem is finding them. Sniff them out and fetch Davie boy before we miss the boat.

So? Gazza played in Seria A and was mustard, as was Ginola. Doesn't mean they can still cut it.

Signing Larsson would signal the intent of the club, a far cry from what they were signalling at the end of the season. Kirkby not a factor? My arse!

Spot on ;)

Im pretty confident of my rightness on this one, still i have it hes going to London so doesnt matter, going straight into the oul Fanatsey leauge team!

Status
Not open for further replies.