Everton charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No mate it isn't but if he threw a bag of crisps at his bird then I'm not sure that qualifies as DV.
Throwing things AT your partner is a sign of affection is it? Rape, assault and battery against wives wasn't classed as DV either until a few years ago. Sorry mate, but this sort of attitude sickens me. Same goes for women who abuse, threaten and inflict violence on their partners - not acceptable, not funny.

Throwing things AT your partner is a sign of affection is it? Rape, assault and battery against wives wasn't classed as DV either until a few years ago. Sorry mate, but this sort of attitude sickens me. Same goes for women who abuse, threaten and inflict violence on their partners - not acceptable, not funny.

OK mate. You go back to his original post and interpret it as someone abusing his missus, I go back and interpret as someone dicking around on a forum. At no point does he say he threw anything at his girlfriend, just that he threw something and he was doing this to his girlfriend, but you automatically assumed that his girlfriend is a victim. I throw compliments at my wife, she's not yet called the police.

Like I say, DV isn't funny, anything but that in fact but I hope you're enjoying yourself on your high horse that you couldn't wait to mount, feeling all that outrage on someone else's behalf.

OK mate. You go back to his original post and interpret it as someone abusing his missus, I go back and interpret as someone dicking around on a forum. At no point does he say he threw anything at his girlfriend, just that he threw something and he was doing this to his girlfriend, but you automatically assumed that his girlfriend is a victim. I throw compliments at my wife, she's not yet called the police.

Like I say, DV isn't funny, anything but that in fact but I hope you're enjoying yourself on your high horse that you couldn't wait to mount, feeling all that outrage on someone else's behalf.
Yeah, I'll admit the original post wasn't talking about throwing things AT a partner, that was something you mentioned. But following up a line about throwing things with a suggestion of what he does 'to his girlfriend' hardly suggests mutual respect. :Blink:

I've never heard the term "throwing compliments" before but I'll always stand up on behalf of people being abused, whether you think I'm enjoying being on a high horse or not (HINT: I'm not).

Yeah, I'll admit the original post wasn't talking about throwing things AT a partner, that was something you mentioned. But following up a line about throwing things with a suggestion of what he does 'to his girlfriend' hardly suggests mutual respect. :Blink:

I've never heard the term "throwing compliments" before but I'll always stand up on behalf of people being abused, whether you think I'm enjoying being on a high horse or not (HINT: I'm not).

I'm not gonna argue with anyone who wants to stand up for people who are being abused.

I'm not gonna argue with anyone who wants to stand up for people who are being abused.
Fair play, and sorry if I came across as reactionary to what may seem like a harmless joke. I'm pretty sure no offence was intended but certain topics aren't funny to certain people for certain reasons and part of that is down to being sick to the back teeth of repeated, lazy and distorted stereotypes... (in the eyes of the beholder...) is :rolleyes:

fresh-thick-grass_shutterstock_71481652.jpg
1342985116-leon_osman_nike.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.