Everton charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aberdeen have been fined £9k re trouble at their away match at Apollen, not having stewards was part of the criteria. Appolen fined £25k , including 5 yellow cards, crowd trouble and letting off flares. On that basis our fine should be sub £9k, but playing at home , a bigger club and UEFA 's desire to make money will likely increase it.

Simple answer. Just refuse to sell away tickets when we play teams from eastern Europe until they grow up.

Once they qualify for long trousers, mebbe then we can talk. Until then, do one.

I suspect that the reason why Everton don't utilise the pathetic Safety Advisory Group/Police restricting of the away allocation is because they actually have a fairly close relationship with the fans. What I mean by that is the club always do their best to get our away fans the maximum allocation possible. If we were to restrict away allocations for these sides, then the home club would do the same to us for the return leg which punishes our away support.

I imagine if the club wanted to they could have easily said 'due to safety concerns we are only giving the away supporters an allocation of X amount.' Arsenal constantly do it for the FA Cup, it's happening for the Spurs/Chelsea game at Wembley and clubs can seemingly get away with whatever they want when it comes to this type of thing. Maybe it is different with UEFA. Although we're supposed to have a 5% allocation for Split who play in a 34,000 stadium so we should have 1,700 tickets and not 1,400, but obviously Hajduk Split have some sort of power to lower that.

Definitely think the Police need to consider the potential for trouble more in these games. Last night was a one off, but it shouldn't be allowed to happen again when we have women and kids in the Park End, and the vast majority of our fans aren't happy to see these scenes anyway so shouldn't have to be put in that situation.

Aberdeen have been fined £9k re trouble at their away match at Apollen, not having stewards was part of the criteria. Appolen fined £25k , including 5 yellow cards, crowd trouble and letting off flares. On that basis our fine should be sub £9k, but playing at home , a bigger club and UEFA 's desire to make money will likely increase it.

Don't think so mate it's actually quite standardized for a lot offences, although the disciplinary body can decide otherwise (but they only do that in special circumstances). For a lot of offences it's simply warning or fine + damages (a difference being if it's the first or second infringement). E.g: It's actually quite cheap to invade the field of play (5000 €). Etc...

You have a point though that they should adjust the fine to the size of the club; would make more sense.

In all fairness to UEFA, I did see some top hats, monocles, and a few wads of £50 notes being thrown at the away fans from the Park End

WHY are we being charged then. Missiles? Wheres the evidence? Even it there was you definitely have to give tougher fine to slavic man-children and to their club
think it will be the fact that Everton fans started to throw stuff back at them, or not controlling them don't know mate they should get a bigger fine just for running away when two parkenders decided to get on to have a go at them:)

that's a joke that the Aberdeen fans were getting battered by the stewards and the cops for nothing there at the end of that game.

I was in the park end. First thing thrown was at kev taking a corner, looked like a lighter.
If we get any sort of punishment from this it's a joke.
They kicked off and started throwing things and trying to push through the stewards throwing punches. The stewards and police knew there was no trouble coming from the home fans.
There were a couple of plastic bottles thrown from us as far as I could see but wow! They came for one thing and acted like a bunch of animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.