Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half decent draw considering. Semi final will be very tough if we get through

We'd be praying for United.

And to be honest we'd then be praying for City in the final if we somehow got through. If we drew Liverpool in the final I'd plan my day so I fell asleep through exhaustion for the game so that I'd miss it.

7437D861-5EAE-42EF-9C6B-BEBE060AB041.jpeg

Got my hopes up when I saw City vs United trending on Twitter. That's both Manchester sides already through to the semis.

I'm not sure either Merseyside team will win their games. Leicester are really hitting their stride but maybe they hit a bad spell in December. I wouldn't read anything Rodgers record at Goodison, Derbies under any manager are usually draws. He'll go for it.

The trophy is ending up in the North West for sure.

Just a thought..League Cup losing credibility with managers playing g weakened teams...draw made on radio not television so no-one apart from those a making the draw can see what is going on. ..amazingly following draw it is likely four top teams will contest two legged semifinals thus creating renewed interest in the competition....am I imagining a massive PR exercise has just taken place ?
Saw Frank Lampard say he 'had to' make changes. Why? Would he have made changes if it was a league match? It just goes to prove how little importance the top 4 contenders place on the League Cup.

After Colchester, Oxford and Villa, Leicester was the best draw we could have hoped for. Colchester, Oxford and Villa all got harder draws than us too.

To be honest, Villa away is only a marginally better draw than Leicester at home, given our away form I wouldn't have liked to go to Villa Park.

Rather Leicester than Liverpool, City or United anyway.
I'd have preferred Man Utd at home to either of them.

Could've been better to be honest. Winnable for either team but the other big clubs all avoiding each other is annoying. Oh and what a farce having it on radio 2. Let's do the time warp again lol

Think you'll still go into it as favourites, mate. Bang in form and we're completely the opposite right now - granted it's not for a while yet so things can change, we may even have a different manager by that point.

As a neutral (somewhat) it's great watching Leicester play at the minute, you must be loving it. Hopefully you stick Ward in net at Goodison and he has another howler like he did against Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.