Everton Bygones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal v. Everton 21/3/25, Dixie Dean debut.

8BED0FA0-57B3-477B-8A7C-51A0650CDA54.jpeg
7E4C8903-F305-48B9-942C-E4A65F90E27F.jpeg

Howard Kendall (Everton manager) and Peter Reid (Manchester City manager) meet again prior to the First Division game between Everton and Manchester City on the 13th January 1991.

The Everton manager Gordon Lee gives a pitch side interview after Everton had beaten Bristol City 4-1 to go top of League Division One. The match was played on the 11th February 1979.

Three chances to go top of the table ! And I thought the seventies were a lean period ; can't see us ever again topping the table. :mad:

Everton V Norwich City - FA CUP Semi Final 1989 - April 15TH - Villa Park - Birmingham...

The other semi final...........

Alan Myers insider view of that day. What a horrendous occasion it was.

http://www.theblueroomefc.com/2017/02/22/alan-myers-coventry-98-day-forget-day-remember/
What a day indeed, didn’t realise Duncan Ferguson had played in that game, Imwas in the Lower Bullens, a lad came screaming up the steps “ Bolton have made it two “ full of joy, I said to myself, doesn’t matter if they score ten, if Coventry get another one we are down. Alan Myers was right to bring up the fan who shouted at him “ This isn’t Everton, this isn’t Everton. How true and how low the whole club had become, I felt huge relief but much more sadness at how we had become this laughing stock of a club. There hasn’t been much to celebrate since, but the dying embers are slowly coming to life again, as we sang with glee to the Man.Unt. fans at the end of the 1995 cup final “ Always look on the bright side of life” Hopefully Mr. Ancelotti backed by Mr. Usmanov will raise the club to previous heights.

Status
Not open for further replies.