Everton banned from signing players for the academy for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand, the only big cost here is that we have to manage with local Liverpool lads, I don't think that is too bad. Of course we have a much smaller pool to pick from, but as so few make it anyway, and we ideally want at least a couple of local lads to be in the first team, I think that is an opportunity
Wouldn't it make sense for Manchester lads as well? Only, what, 30 miles away?

As far as I understand, the only big cost here is that we have to manage with local Liverpool lads, I don't think that is too bad. Of course we have a much smaller pool to pick from, but as so few make it anyway, and we ideally want at least a couple of local lads to be in the first team, I think that is an opportunity

This really. Would much prefer we brought through lads from the local area than stealing them from other clubs that have worked hard developing them. Fair enough if they're not being kept on, or are on the fringes etc, but I'm not a fan of clubs cherry picking the best youngsters from other clubs, especially later on in their teens.

This is sad to see us breaking the rules. However i believe that we approached it right, and now we are just getting on with it.

To be honest this stuff is not uncommon...

Hypothetically speaking. Let’s say this ban ends.

And we get word of a player from down south. And we do everything above board with the other academy. Everyone wants the move to happen - family have a history up north and are Everton fans themselves - but the parents can’t afford to move - if we give them cash to help out with the move -
Is this frowned upon also - or are we being a wonderful club for helping a child realise his dream of playing for Everton?

And we get word of a player from down south. And we do everything above board with the other academy. Everyone wants the move to happen - family have a history up north and are Everton fans themselves - but the parents can’t afford to move - if we give them cash to help out with the move -
Is this frowned upon also - or are we being a wonderful club for helping a child realise his dream of playing for Everton?

In the past the child would move and live with arranged foster families along with players in similar situations.

So basically football need to investigate any PL academy signing where the lad moves from out of the area. How many kids are moving to different academies without the club having to “sway” the parents etc.?

The problem here wasnt so much the moving cities. It was more the fact that after uprooting the whole family, promising them a quality education for their son and an extra bit of money for their troubles, someone realised that the move wouldnt be ratified by some governing body and pulled out leaving the kid without a club (and probably school) and his family dumped in a random city and left to it. However way you look at it, its disgusting.

RS admit making illegal approaches for VVD.

Sign him eventually.

No one bats an eye.

Seems to be different for academy players

See above, totally different circumstamces, even though both are out of order. Saints should have pursued that but were made up getting an extra £10-£15 mill instead.

If they get evidence though I think they do , haven’t a couple of clubs been done ? The RS certainly did I know that , Seems we’ve been caught , not a lot to complain about really .

Not sure what City did, think theirs was relating to a Brazilian kid. Liverpools was similar to ours as in they left a kid and his family high and dry. Dont think they admitted to a further 6 cases of tapping up either.

Not the same situation.

The problem here wasnt so much the moving cities. It was more the fact that after uprooting the whole family, promising them a quality education for their son and an extra bit of money for their troubles, someone realised that the move wouldnt be ratified by some governing body and pulled out leaving the kid without a club (and probably school) and his family dumped in a random city and left to it. However way you look at it, its disgusting.

See above, totally different circumstamces, even though both are out of order. Saints should have pursued that but were made up getting an extra £10-£15 mill instead.

Not sure what City did, think theirs was relating to a Brazilian kid. Liverpools was similar to ours as in they left a kid and his family high and dry. Dont think they admitted to a further 6 cases of tapping up either.

It's not different circumstances to be fair. Rules are rules regardless of if another club pursues or not.

It's as though the FA only act when someone brings something to their attention rather than actively making sure clubs don't break rules.

Think that paying inducements to young players via parents is part of the problem and part of the reason we’ve been banned. Every club does it. The whole system needs an overhaul in that regard. My understanding is that Brands doesn’t want to have anything to do with working like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.