Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a horrible system. The people behind VAR may be the issue for stupid calls and doing their best to disallow as many goals as possible, but in the end, I still think it has no place in the game if you are a fan of good football. The enjoyment of a goal is gone now. I find myself holding back celebrating goals now because you know that they'll do their best to take it away from you. And that feeling when a goal is scored is the best thing about being a fan...

Anyway, ridiculous call. If it's offside (which I don't think it is) then it's a penalty. Either way, it's wrong. But shock-horror, the money makers for the premier league get the benefit once again.

I thought he could have easily of got a pen as well (Kean) just before full time, pretty sure it was Maguire pinning him down on a corner.

We really should be sitting here talking about 6 points from the last 2 games. We've given both teams a period of 25 minutes where they've dominated and both times that's what has done us.

To have just 1 point to show fkr the past two performances really is a kick to the European aspirations nuts.

Yep, Maguire gripped him from a late corner – clear as day

Apparently United have had SIX goals overturned by VAR this season, we have had NONE.
I can definitely think of one

(Also, it’s not a question of overturned or not, it’s a question of correct decision or not and in who’s favour)

I love the idea ,I just want to see a valid goal given and an offside given .The problem is not the system .Which would you want Everton to win after a two minute pause or draw with no VAR .I don't see the hatred for the system as being anything other than reaction as long as they can get the decisions correct then it is the best thing ever for a fair game .If they can set this up then someone out there in the wild beyond must be able to pass the decision on to a computer and then we would all be content .
If they can use the computer to see if a players heel is offside then the computer can do it on its own .

If it had deflected and flew in the top corner would it still be offside because Sigurdsson is in his line of sight is he..
So something that is debatable is clear and obvious is given as offside yet Wan Bissaka taking out Sigurdsson isn't clear and obvious so Can't be given. They pick and choose what they want to do. Rats

If it had deflected and flew in the top corner would it still be offside because Sigurdsson is in his line of sight is he..
So something that is debatable is clear and obvious is given as offside yet Wan Bissaka taking out Sigurdsson isn't clear and obvious so Can't be given. They pick and choose what they want to do. Rats

That's what it boils down to - picking and choosing what they want to see and when they want to see and then when they want to use it.

I was proper harsh on Gylfi for missing the original chance but I've just watched it back and he's just on a slight stretch, he knows he's about to get clattered.

Give us the goal, or give us the pen simple as that.

I don’t believe it’s a fix, or corruption, or whatever you want to call it.

But I do believe there is a deep rooted unconscious bias by the officials in favour of certain teams and against others.

That, coupled with sheer incompetence.
It’s not an unconscious bias, who was the ref who literally told Moyes “you don’t give last minute penalties at Anfield”? The bias is absolutely encouraged by the top it really is.

My lad told me it would be disallowed straight away because he saw the same thing happen last week apparently. If Calvert-Lewin's shot was off target apparently we might have got the goal. Personally for me if a player is lying in front of the goal and has to move his legs out of the way to let the ball go in, I'd probably disallow it, but it was a close call. Like Roy Keane and Ian Wright said, why is he still lying on the ground? Get yourself out of the way! It just sums up how slow Siggurdson's reactions are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.