Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always us, has been. We know the decisions are rigged for theatre, other teams suffer too, but above all what bothers me is the silence from our club. Why don't we kick up more of a fuss, at the time and afterwards?
Wouldn't see the r/s or Chelsea or Utd pitting up with that, and I know they're part of the problem.
We're too nice, we need to grow some, quickly.

Never liked the idea. Didn't want it in the first place.
Goal line technology is a great example of how technology can be used to benefit the game. Proof positive rather than the refs opinion.
VAR however still relies on human interpretation. Whoever in their wildest dreams believed that this could help reduce human error? MADNESS.
Refs mistakes can be forgiven they have 1 view at full speed.. VAR has the benefit of multiple views from multiple angles and slow motion, there should be no mistakes from VAR unless those in control have an agenda. I think VAR should be done on a challenge basis like the NFL each manager gets 2 challenges per game, if you call a challenge and your right you still have 2 but if you challenge and your wrong you loose it and have 1 left. Then every VAR decision should be reviewed after the game and if it's determined that a decision was not called correctly then the VAR assistant gets suspended without pay for 3 games.

Was never ever a pen. But we still capitulated after it.

Putting the penalty decision aside because it's pathetic and it's going to ruin the game very quickly, paid opinion can run their greedy little mouths off all they like to be contrary, the beautiful game is no more this is quickly unraveling and money will go with it...

The time it takes to give decision is farcical its minutes, anyone with Intermediate knowledge off football is aware of how momentum is everything...

It is always us, has been. We know the decisions are rigged for theatre, other teams suffer too, but above all what bothers me is the silence from our club. Why don't we kick up more of a fuss, at the time and afterwards?
Wouldn't see the r/s or Chelsea or Utd pitting up with that, and I know they're part of the problem.
There might have been a later comment from Silva but all I saw on the BBC was a comment by DCL saying that we need to tighten up. Nada about VAR.

Spurs have literally been robbed by VAR countless times this season and one dodgy decision gets us all “woe is me”?

We weren’t exactly playing well yesterday and we had ample time to go on and win it (Brighton did it ffs) and one game against a West Ham side who set up totally wrong and had an awful day doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly turned a corner from everything that’s come before. Stop with the excuses ffs.

There might have been a later comment from Silva but all I saw on the BBC was a comment by DCL saying that we need to tighten up. Nada about VAR.

“If VAR saw something in our box, why didn’t it see 15 minutes earlier the penalty for Richarlison?” he complained.

“Because of that my players are in the dressing room and don’t understand.

“If they see one for one side then they have to see for the other side too. It was a clear penalty [to us]. VAR has to be the same for both sides.”

“We have to be more mature to control the last 10 minutes. It’s a tough moment for us. We have to stick together.

“We conceded the first goal but after that we reacted strongly and as a team. We created some dangerous moments.”

Spurs have literally been robbed by VAR countless times this season and one dodgy decision gets us all “woe is me”?

We weren’t exactly playing well yesterday and we had ample time to go on and win it (Brighton did it ffs) and one game against a West Ham side who set up totally wrong and had an awful day doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly turned a corner from everything that’s come before. Stop with the excuses ffs.

Spurs also benefitted massively when delefeao was brought down for nailed on pen against Watford
They also benefited against city earlier in the season.

“If VAR saw something in our box, why didn’t it see 15 minutes earlier the penalty for Richarlison?” he complained.

“Because of that my players are in the dressing room and don’t understand.

“If they see one for one side then they have to see for the other side too. It was a clear penalty [to us]. VAR has to be the same for both sides.”

“We have to be more mature to control the last 10 minutes. It’s a tough moment for us. We have to stick together.

“We conceded the first goal but after that we reacted strongly and as a team. We created some dangerous moments.”

Shades of Martinez there.

Not a good sign.

And have for years!!

Spurs been bailed out by VAR about 4 times. What you on about? Twice against City in 6 months, ridiculous no pen call last week, against arsenal earlier in season etc etc.

It's OK to call out var yesterday and still.not be happy with how we played. Var shafted us yesterday and tried to the week before. It completely stinks.

Silva shpuld still have gone long ago regardless and 10 from 10 is so far away from being acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.