Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
You raise an interesting point. HAD Mandley, the ref on the field, actually followed the recommended practice of actually USING the sideline monitor, he could have said "thanks for bringing it to my attention, but I deem this accidental; no penalty." VAR can highlight something, bring it to the attention of the ref, etc., but the final decision is ALWAYS up to the ref on the field.

VAR would have worked perfectly, and (perhaps) we would have actually gotten a call right and our way. But because Mandley chose to skip the training class on how it should be used, we got what we got instead.

You'd have been really excited about that 1:22 minute delay in that case.

Under Fifa rules you are correct.

But Mike Riley has advised his PL referees not to use the screens. So I think the issue is that our refs are being advised by one of the very worst ever to officiate in England.

Under Fifa rules you are correct.

But Mike Riley has advised his PL referees not to use the screens. So I think the issue is that our refs are being advised by one of the very worst ever to officiate in England.
I know, why is this the case? Just absolutely awful decision-making. It reeks of the EPL going "ok fine we'll use VAR so we don't seem standoffish to the football world at large, but we're going to sabotage its effectiveness to prove that it doesn't work." Un-bad word-real.

I know, why is this the case? Just absolutely awful decision-making. It reeks of the EPL going "ok fine we'll use VAR so we don't seem standoffish to the football world at large, but we're going to sabotage its effectiveness to prove that it doesn't work." Un-bad word-real.

VAR is just another way for the powers that be to manipulate as they please.

They want as little accountability as possible. I don't trust it one bit.

VAR is just another way for the powers that be to manipulate as they please.

They want as little accountability as possible. I don't trust it one bit.
It's really frustrating. I watch a lot of other leagues, though definitely nowhere near as much as I do the EPL, but it seems to me that no one else even comes close to its corrupt/fishy protection of its "big" clubs; our Sky 6.

Spurs have literally been robbed by VAR countless times this season and one dodgy decision gets us all “woe is me”?

We weren’t exactly playing well yesterday and we had ample time to go on and win it (Brighton did it ffs) and one game against a West Ham side who set up totally wrong and had an awful day doesn’t mean we’ve suddenly turned a corner from everything that’s come before. Stop with the excuses ffs.
Great! That a honest and unbiased opinion still appears on this forum because there should be more.

I was very pro-VAR because naively I thought it would purify the game and stop [Poor language removed] happening on a pitch, [Poor language removed] like god's hands, free kicks and penalties for best actors and all that. But now I think the opposite with Leicester snatching a draw from Burnely thanks to very controversial decision in previous tour and this awful penalty. I never was a conspiracy person, but there is a possibility that some big football officials won't let go of the monopoly to manipulate the game.

Yeah, all we have left - dubious consolation. We don't have any resilience and grip for wining.
Is that - wining ( as in p----d up ) OR Whining ( as a lot on here ) he! he!

Great! That a honest and unbiased opinion still appears on this forum because there should be more.
I wrote this for another forum:

"Is there anyone else who realizes that your success or failure should never ever come down to a single play (I mean, unless that play is one of the last of the game of course). Did it suck? Yes. Did the ref suck more? Yes.

But there were 90+ other minutes where we could have won the match. The real problem is that we continuously put ourselves in a position where these bad/terrible moments do become game-deciding for us. If we're up 2-0 at that point, would it have been a big deal? Guaranteed there'd be 358 fewer posts about it, that's for sure."

So what I don't understand about VAR why did they spend 3 minutes looking at penalty for us yesterday. That was a best soft. And Today Liverpool had a soft pen given and VAR spent 10 seconds saying it was

So what I don't understand about VAR why did they spend 3 minutes looking at penalty for us yesterday. That was a best soft. And Today Liverpool had a soft pen given and VAR spent 10 seconds saying it was
Completely disagree re: the Liverpool pen. It was an obvious penalty, called as such on the field immediately, and therefore didn't need a lengthy review.

With ours, it wasn't called on the field, that moron Mason alerted the other moron Madley that he may have missed something, and then they spent 2 days reviewing it 14 times. Then the moron Mason rings up the other moron Madley and says 'looks like a penalty to me.' Madley, who clearly has the intellect of a poodle, completely disregards the right thing to do, which was go to the sideline monitor and see for himself, just says "durrrr ok boss, penalty it is."

I think that last one is quite easy to understand. Surprised it took 10 seconds though.

Status
Not open for further replies.