Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
A step on the foot doesn’t cause the type of reaction that Connolly had, referee had it spot on in not giving it

He saw it and gave nothing until the lad stayed down (in our box). Collisions like this happen all over the pitch. If it had happened outside the box, would the game have stopped and a free kick given by VAR? No chance. I was there today and everyone in the stadium had no real explanation for what happened, so the clear and obvious vs subjective decision failed. Take me back to Minas disallowed goal last week.....what did he do wrong? I think the abrighton players were as astonished as anyone else that a penalty was given today. John Stones handballed it twice today accidentally in the box as he stopped a shot....no intent they said, so play on. There was no intent in that coming together in our game. I’m genuinely lost when it comes to the rules now on VAR......especially when you are in the stadium. It took longer to give our equaliser than that penalty decision. Unless you were there, you can’t help me with my frustration of today.

I'm still amazed anyone thinks it was a penalty.
Amazingly soft.

Even if it was 4 minutes and 16 views do not show a clear and obvious mistake.

The fact is that only some incidents are being reviewed is just mind boggling ie Minas goal last week.

How can they spend 4 minutes on that but not even look at the Richarlison one is ridiculous.

I'm still amazed anyone thinks it was a penalty.
Amazingly soft.

Even if it was 4 minutes and 16 views do not show a clear and obvious mistake.

The fact is that only some incidents are being reviewed is just mind boggling ie Minas goal last week.

How can they spend 4 minutes on that but not even look at the Richarlison one is ridiculous.
For me it wasn’t a pen. But I think we are more annoyed that they have that pen and didn’t even look at Richarlison getting pretty much dragged down. Mina disallowed goal last week and the ref giving West Ham corner when Sidibé was hacked down, this today just shows that refs are bias. But we all know this off course.

Why aren't you saying it wasn't a penalty? You do know that it has to be a deliberate or reckless challenge to be deemed a foul.
He stepped on his foot and prevented the player from challenging for the ball. Or, it's no penalty and just a coming together. My point is that it's not clear and the ref should have been told to look at the monitor I'd have been shouting for it if it was us.

Everton are the first team to suffer when a penalty is awarded by VAR after initially not been given by the ref. Everton are the first team to be punished retrospectively for simulation - when Niasse was given a 2 match ban by 'independent' Danny Murphy and his cronies on the review panel. Perhaps I'm being paranoid but I feel that these decisions wouldn't have gone against any of the Sky 6. Oh wait! Yes, it is just me being paranoid!

Never liked the idea. Didn't want it in the first place.
Goal line technology is a great example of how technology can be used to benefit the game. Proof positive rather than the refs opinion.
VAR however still relies on human interpretation. Whoever in their wildest dreams believed that this could help reduce human error? MADNESS.

Crazy, human decisions are over ruled by other human decisions, that isn't how it's supposed to work.

Clear and obvious seems to be lost in translation. Genuinely think the club should complain over that penalty. Mason should not be refereeing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.